just bought a LP and it's not staying in tune as well as i'd like . I'd been told that was common so I had thought about buy some tuning keys. Now that it's purchased I'm thinking grover

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/product/reviews/base_pid=361000/rpp=10/

or some of the locking keys. Who knows from experience which helped and which didn't?
Last edited by Krusader187 at Oct 20, 2007,
What LP did you buy? I'm pretty sure you can get better tuners than Grovers, however, I am not sure on the best brands for tuners. What gauge of strings do you have? Have you stretched them out? Are all the strings going out of tune? Do you have wide bends / vibrato?
bump and...

Will I have to drill any for those? If so I may just buy the Gibson Nickle, they seem to get good reviews.
Quote by Mwoit
What LP did you buy? I'm pretty sure you can get better tuners than Grovers, however, I am not sure on the best brands for tuners. What gauge of strings do you have? Have you stretched them out? Are all the strings going out of tune? Do you have wide bends / vibrato?

It's a Gibson, I'm using .9's but will go to .10's after one of these breaks. They should be stretched by now but they're the first set of strings. Yes all the strings go out of tune but I usually have a "problem" string. Yes I do have wide bends.
I'm selling a set of Grovers, I used them for awhile and never had any problems with tuning. Mwoit is probably right, they may not be the best tuners but they work awesome on my SG copy and my 2 WG587's.
Quote by Jearl

...dont play Fender just because its Fender.

Gear:
Ibanez SZ520QM
Peavey Rotor EXP
Squier Bullet (heavily modified)
Mesa Roadster Head & 2x12 cab