when you are working on solo, that you find hard, and you cant play it properly..do you ever just feel like dissapointed, because im running out of motivation.
Leave it, and learn some things you find easy, and others you can just about do. Then after a few weeks go back to it, and you'll find it easier.
well ye i guess i do, the worst thing is when you know you can play it and then you go to play it again and you can't for the life of you do it.

just try building it up slowly, i'm not going to go into the whole psycological process of how the brain learns things like this, but basically, if you get it right starting slowly and get faster the nerves in your brain form permanant bonds which allows you to recite that action over and over, thus allowing you to get faster and faster. The reason you sometimes go back to playing the solo and you can't do it is because the permanant nerve bondings haven't been made so they cannot be recited as easy.

try it and good luck
Quote by 3nemy
well ye i guess i do, the worst thing is when you know you can play it and then you go to play it again and you can't for the life of you do it.

just try building it up slowly, i'm not going to go into the whole psycological process of how the brain learns things like this, but basically, if you get it right starting slowly and get faster the nerves in your brain form permanant bonds which allows you to recite that action over and over, thus allowing you to get faster and faster. The reason you sometimes go back to playing the solo and you can't do it is because the permanant nerve bondings haven't been made so they cannot be recited as easy.

try it and good luck

lol...never thought about it like that.
I think im just impatiant and want to be able to play the solo after a few days of trying it.
Its Randy Rhaods Mr.Crowley 1st and 2cd solo's. I can play both of them, and i would rate them like 5 out of 10....but i want them perfect and sounding good.
Quote by blue_strat
Leave it, and learn some things you find easy, and others you can just about do. Then after a few weeks go back to it, and you'll find it easier.

+1
My gear:
Jackson RR3 moded (EMG 81/85, OFR)
Jackson JS30 (with Duncan JB/Jazz from my RR3)
Peavey studio pro 112
MXR Double shot dist.
MXR 10 band EQ
Crybaby 535Q

Metal Rulez
If something is absolutely kicking your ass guitar wise, go away and learn something else to build you confidence back up. Keep returning to the original issue and working at it. Over time it'll become easier and you can beat it.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Yeah it's best just to go and learn something incredibly easy then go back to the solo after a break
Quote by atomkat
I can't fxcking descripe in words how much I love you!!!!!!!
Quote by MrJayremmie
marry me.
Stratocaster fan...
i do alot
lol
but i just keep trying
sometimes i'll be like
screw this
and do something else for like 5 mins
and then i find out that I reALLY wanna learn it
so i end up doing it.
never quit.
rock out
If you want to master them you need to ask yourself why don't they sound so good, and 9 times out of 10 I reckon it will be an accuracy issue, in this case you need to slow that **** down and get the old metronome out. Sure it may be tedious, but if you don't want to do it I would start questioning if guitar is the right thing for you. Guitar isn't a collection hobby it's one of hard work and grit. Strive for them 16th notes at 160bpm, you know you can do it!