Ok guys I know I've posted a couple threads in here asking about guitars but this is my last one I promise.
So I'm thinking instead of getting a Fender Mustang, I would get an Epiphone Les Paul. I like it a bit more and it's less expensive. I'm going to go to guitar center and play it and see how I like it, or not like it. What do you guys think of this guitar? I'm going to be playing rock, punk, pop, indie, alternative, stuff like that.
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Epiphone-B-Stock-Les-Paul-Standard-Electric-Guitar-100237216-i1149994.gc

Theres the guitar from GC. I like the blue color, but wish they had it in a dark green color, that would look sharp.

EDIT: I have read all the reviews that I could find, it seems like a good buy, maybe a bit heavy in weight though.
Weight isn't too bad I think, get a nice padded strap.

Anyways, they can differ a lot individually so try out as many of the Epiphone Les Pauls as you can till you find the right one. It's a nice solid guitar and I really like mine.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
I'ts a pretty good guitar, but definitely try the EXACT one you get before you buy. Even though the guitar isn't bad there are some bad apples in the bunch. Also beware, the blue color looks very good but it sells out quick. They're usually not in stock. But hey it's worth a shot.

Good Luck!
Quote by altgrunge
Cool thanks guys, anybody else have any opinions/first hand experience?

I had an Epi LP Standard. It owned
Quote by atomkat
I can't fxcking descripe in words how much I love you!!!!!!!
Quote by MrJayremmie
marry me.
Stratocaster fan...
Eh.

They have pretty mediocre pickups and electronics and their quality control is't too consistent.

For the most part, people buy Epiphone guitars when they don't know enough about guitars to buy something better (I know from experience ).

They aren't bad guitars, but there are better guitars in the price range.

You should check out the Agile AL series at www.rondomusic.net and some Michael Kelly Patriots.

What's your price range and what amp do you have?
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
I've been playing guitar for a long time so I do know about them. I'm mostly getting this because they fit into my price range nicely, I've heard good things about them and I like how they look. My price range is about $1-$500 Hopefully more towards 300-400 though. I have a 65 watt Peavey amp, not sure exactly what kind, it's about 15 years old. I'm not really looking for anything amazing, just a good solid guitar.
Then I definitely suggest you take a look at Michael Kelly Patriots.

Better specs, better build quality, very comfortable necks, and sexy looking to boot. Far better than Epiphones at the same price range.

Why settle for a "solid" guitar when you can get a great one?

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.