ok i like old school thrash metal and death metal from the 80's... i currently have the mt-2 and like its tone but was wondering if the line 6 is better... so what do u think? i use a solid state randall half stack and an esp m-400 (active pickups)
id stick with what you got
line 6 has a reputation for some really fake sounding tone
Quote by yawn
It just occurred to me that UG attracts a lot of socially isolated male teenagers with questionable psychological dispositions.

Quote by I'm_Guitarded
Sticks and stones may break my bones, but Whip and Chains Excite Me!!

Got'em!
Only go for line 6 if you don't mind your guitar sounding like an old lady screaming through a PVC pipe.
"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison
Those are both bad pedals, but the Uber metal is the worse of the two. I'd say sell the metalzone and buy a Metal Muff.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
Metal muff or a metal planet

Two great distortion pedals that are moderately priced.
Line 6 and Metal Muff are bot better for modern tones I find. Your MT-2 should be doing the job fine for you.
I have a line 6 uber metal distortion pedal that I thoroughly enjoy. I can get that "Kill 'Em All" sound out of it. However, I've only played it through my little 15 watt crate practice amp since I'm at college. I haven't run it through my gigging equipment yet.

-Dan
Quote by I'm_Guitarded
id stick with what you got
line 6 has a reputation for some really fake sounding tone

I thought that was just a few particular amps (the spiders wasnt it?) that had the reputation
Gear:
Dean Razorback V 255 (explosion finish)
Jackson KX10 (amber sunburst)
Yamaha ERG121
random 50 quid acoustic
Randall RG50TC
Quote by sajuuk
I thought that was just a few particular amps (the spiders wasnt it?) that had the reputation

Who makes Spiders? Line 6. The only pedal by them I've tried and really liked was the DDL4, that big green delay pedal.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
Whoever says Line 6 has a rep for fake tone has never played some of their nice modulation pedals, their Flextone series, or their Vetta series.
Quote by CJRocker
Whoever says Line 6 has a rep for fake tone has never played some of their nice modulation pedals, their Flextone series, or their Vetta series.

Nope.

But I've played their amps.

And by that token...

...I'd like to not play their effects.
"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison
Aye, Line 6 are not known for a bad sound, that's just the Spider amps. The Uber Metal, infact, is a very good pedal, much better than the MT-2. Just play one, or have a look on Harmony Central and you'll see that they're very good.
Quote by SlinkyBlue
Nope.

But I've played their amps.

And by that token...

...I'd like to not play their effects.

What do you think the Vettas and Flextones are?
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
The effects on the Spider line are pretty fake sounding, but the samples I've heard from the Flextone and Pod XT, and they are miles better than the Spider.