Do something like The Ramones or The Buzzcocks. It wouldn't work for a lot of punk bands but you can probably do Ramones and Buzzcocks type stuff.
Social D.
founder of the MXPX group, pm me to join

PEANUT BUTTER JELLY TIME!!!!!!!!

Wii number: 7054 3894 4223 2011
Play anything by JFA.

You will instantly gain 14 punk rock points.
Journalism is just a gun. It's only got one bullet in it, but if you aim right, that's all you need. Aim it right, and you can blow a kneecap off the world.
awesome band never eva...
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Rancid are the best punk band ever.

Tim Armstrong is a songwriting genius, is a complete fashion diva and has an incredible singing voice.

He doesn't sound like Opie from family guy at all.
Quote by Manos15
acoustic = lame

Not if it's done right.

If done right, it's huger than any drums, bass and electric lead section could muster.
I am going to cover Forming by the Germs, and We're Only Gonna Die by Bad Religion for sure.
I love all forms of Rock 'n' Roll, past and NOT present
Forming is fun to cover because it's ridiculously simple. It would work for acoustic, I spose.
no forming is ridiculously fun to cover because it is straight up poetry.
I love all forms of Rock 'n' Roll, past and NOT present
I think that'd be a stupid song to do acoustic. I sometimes play a country-ish acoustic version of Police Truck, I thought it'd kind of make sense, in a sarcastic way. I think Dead Kennedys songs would be cool in an acoustic non-punk sounding way. Keep the lyrcis, but change the chords, otherwise it sounds stupid.

Anyone hears that acousitc cover of Boyz in the Hood? I thought it was good haha
try something by the Misfits. "Skulls" and "Last Caress" both make very good acoustic tunes.
I'm the type of nigga that's built to last
If you fuck with me, I'll put my foot in your ass
See, I don't give a fuck cause I keep bailin
Yo, what the fuck are they yellin?!

GANGSTA, GANGSTA