Well I've been looking for decent Overdrive and Distortion pedals for a fair while now as the distortion on my amp is pretty poor.

I've been waiting a while for the new Visual Sound Jekyll & Hyde to come out, but I've been doubting whether or not it really is the pedal for me.

I was thinking instead perhaps getting an Ibanez TS9DX and a Proco Rat 2 instead.

Would it be worth waiting for the Jekyll & Hyde (or maybe just simply buying the old model on ebay), or should I just go ahead and get a tubescreamer and a rat (or any other good overdrive and distortion)?
As for over/distortion pedals, I do think the Jekyll & Hyde is decent...but to be 100% honest, if you're amp sucks, that should be the thing to put money into. NO pedal can match the warmth of an amps distortion.
It's not that my amp sucks, not at all. With my vast array of pedals I can get great tones out of my amp. The clean channel is excellent, I have no issues with that whatsoever

It's just that the Dirty channel isn't anything to write home about, I currently only ever use my 2 fuzz pedals (see sig) to achieve my dirtier tones and I'd just like to have the option of using more standard OD and Distortion too.
i'd head to denmark street, they have a good selection of pedals there- HBE big D and powerscreamer (fat boost version) would be high up my list. Vintage and rare are dealers... one of the other shops has them, so you can try, but their prices are terrible.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?