This is horrible, I've been practicing like hell the past few weeks for a gig coming up, mainly Texas Flood and Lenny by SRV, and my wrist is hurting so unbelievably bad its killing me. I hope its not carpal tunnel.

The hardest part is not being able to do the intro chord to Lenny!! Its so beautiful =(

Does anyone else have this problem, or a solution?
"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison
Stretch your fingers, relax your whole arm, up to your shoulder, and I like to play with my guitar toward my left knee, (resting on it if I'm sitting,) and with the guitar not slung down super-low. I also put my thumb on the back of the neck. This will be very hard to get used to, (or at least it was for me,) but I think it really helps.
Quote by Spacetoad
Stretch your fingers, relax your whole arm, up to your shoulder, and I like to play with my guitar toward my left knee, (resting on it if I'm sitting,) and with the guitar not slung down super-low. I also put my thumb on the back of the neck. This will be very hard to get used to, (or at least it was for me,) but I think it really helps.

Word, man, It really does. Unfortunately I already do that =(
-Jim Morrison
Stevie Ray Vaughan's style was rather repetitive. I'm not bad mouthing him, hes one of my favorite guitarists. Make sure you warm up, practice a variety of styles or songs, and don't overdo it- if thats possible. Pentatonic prison sucks.
Well this will seem kind of odd, but one time my hand was really stiff after playing guitar for a long time and my girlfriend massaged it. She just basically rubbed it and stretched out my fingers and it really helped. If you don't have a girlfriend to rub your hand, ask parents or just do it yourself but that takes away from the laying relaxing part of it. Also maybe try a heating pad or something like that?
Quote by altgrunge
Well this will seem kind of odd, but one time my hand was really stiff after playing guitar for a long time and my girlfriend massaged it. She just basically rubbed it and stretched out my fingers and it really helped. If you don't have a girlfriend to rub your hand, ask parents or just do it yourself but that takes away from the laying relaxing part of it. Also maybe try a heating pad or something like that?

Smart man. Unfortunately this hunk of manilness is single. I'll have to resort to a heating pad.
-Jim Morrison