the v-twin, what would you estimate is a decent price for the pedal version off ebay or craig's?
oh, and if this thing is designed to be a stand-alone thing, or used in conjunction with a power amp, how come it only has 2 pre-amp tubes. where as my 50-watter has 5 tubes in the pre-amp section?
i just want to more fully understand this thing
thanks
I'm not Erock, but I figure I'll give a shot at answering you since he's not around atm...

It's more of a disortion pedal/preamp, it's not a stand-alone amp that can just be plugged into a cab. It probably only has 2 preamp tubes because it's just for distortion and doesn't have a "clean channel" because it's made to be used on the clean channel of an amp, so if turned off, you'd still have you clean channel.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Last edited by MatrixClaw at Oct 20, 2007,
Quote by MatrixClaw
I'm not Erock, but I figure I'll give a shot at answering you since he's not around atm...

It's more of a disortion pedal/preamp, it's not a stand-alone amp that can just be plugged into a cab. It probably only has 2 preamp tubes because it's just for distortion and doesn't have a "clean channel" because it's made to be used on the clean channel of an amp, so if turned off, you'd still have you clean channel.

thanks for the response. i was under the impression that this could be used in conjunction with a power amp. simply plugging the guitar into the v-twin and then into the power-amp section.
anyway, i pulled the trigger on one today. we'll see what happens.
btw, is sub-$300 a decent deal?
Quote by sethp
thanks for the response. i was under the impression that this could be used in conjunction with a power amp. simply plugging the guitar into the v-twin and then into the power-amp section.
anyway, i pulled the trigger on one today. we'll see what happens.
btw, is sub-$300 a decent deal?

I'm sure it could be used with a power amp, don't see why it wouldn't, it's kinda like a pod...only different haha. I was simply saying that it probably doesn't have as much tubes because it's not really multiple "channels." Keep in mind, I could be COMPLETELY wrong about all of this since I've never used one before

Not sure on the price really, I've seen a couple around that ($180-300) so I wouldn't think that's too bad a deal.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
hey bro, matrix is correct for the most part. It does have a clean channel though, it's actually a full preamp. The clean channel has clean or blues as a pushbutton, and you select between solo(gain channel) and the clean/blues with the footswitch. The bypass just bypasses the whole unit. On the later version of the pedal, there was a button on the bottom where you could select the channel changer to go between clean and solo, or clean and blues. Also, there was an added control for gain on the clean channel.

It's a full tube preamp however, it will definitely work directly into a poweramp. Sub $300 is a decent deal IMO. Congrats man.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Last edited by Erock503 at Oct 20, 2007,