In the wake of the world cup, and the popularity of the world cup thread, which reached 1000 posts, thanks to 7Daycrisis, weve decided to make a general rugby thread.

Basically you can come here to talk about anything rugby related.

All the different leages! Super 14, Guinness premiership, Magners league..to name a few. Please tell me all the leagues you think is should add here.

The european cup, and any other cups that may be coming up in the southern hemisphere. Tri nations, 6 Nations, Air New Zealand Cup.

Discuss your favourite teams, we could vote on which side is the best club side in the world etc.

Also your favourite players and again we can vote on who the best players of today are (habanna anyone?!)

And if you play rugby,come on in and give us write ups about your matches etc!

Everyones welcome

Rugby ftw,best sport in the world
Gear:
Wasburn x-40w/floyd roseOFR
Swineshead venom+warthog pups
Kustom 100 wt quad DFX,Boss MT-2,Ibanez TS-7
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Post a naked picture of yourself with your guitar to join.
Last edited by x0rsist at Oct 20, 2007,
This is for any rugby in the wake of the world cup, not just the world cup which is now sadly over. So weve decided to make a new general rugby thread.
Gear:
already said what i said...

gr8 idea for a thread lads

top sport
Quote by spazzymagee417
after i wipe i look at the toilet paper. anyone else do that?

Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
hamburger. put your wang between your cojones and turn 'em sideways.

hahahaha
Leicester Tigers ftw.
"And after all of this, I am amazed...

...that I am cursed far more than I am praised."
Quote by Alix_D
Oh yes...!

Rugby League go home!

At least it isn't stop start.....
"There are millions of people in the world, and none of those people are an extra. They're all leads in their own stories."
<//////>~
yeah i prefered playing League at school, i'd like to continue too. i'm not big enough for Union, i'd get owned so badly.
"And after all of this, I am amazed...

...that I am cursed far more than I am praised."
Some more tournaments to add on the main page : The Tri Nations and the Air New Zealand cup

Post all the tournaments you know of so we can get them all up there
^

Ill make the 1st contribution in terms of write ups.

I was playing rugby this morning for my school. We field 9 rugby teams at most each week,and i prefer to play at an unpressurised level, currently around 4th/5th xv. This morning i was on the bench for the 4th XV against bitter rival school M.C.B.

The match beggan nervously with a few mistakes. They were kicking off and we brought the ball down into the rucks well, but a fewknock ons were evidentlyknocking us out of our flow. Our forwardswere quite excellent most of the match and they rucked and won some good turnovers. The referee was actually a guy from MCB's upper 6th!! He had a howler of a match....almost as bad as wayne barnes...france vs

NZ. He missed soo many hands in the ruck...MCB backline offide by metres etc. He even gave a 5 metre scrum to them, when it was actually a 22 drop out...and everyone watching knew! I was on the bench for most of the game so i am certain of this. Plus i know him personally.
The MCB Backline have talent..real talent. They contain 5 players from the 1st 15 that were dropped after having a fight with the coach. Our backs were able to contain them for 15 minutes at least, but after..they began squeezing through the holes and widening them. 4 tries down after the 1st half.
second half was better,our backs made breaks but were unable to finish them. The forwards stole lineout ball, bug again were unable to capitalise them, being constanly penalised by the referee for mereley trivial things. Eventually after the MCB backs put in another few tries a massive fight erupted. The frustration was brewing.

Our Outside centre read a bad pass beautifully to make an interception on our 22 to make a breakaway full length try! it lifted the team soo much!! The 3rd 15,playing on the adjacent pitch, had both their hookers injured(starter and sub), so they came and took our hooker(one of our front row sutained an injury in the 1st half so our fornt row subs were used). This lead to a few position switches, in which I(a second row!), was brought on in the position of prop!! of course our coach, who was nearly on fire at this point, barked at the referee that he wanted uncontested scrums. our line out broke down at this point because the new hooker didnt know the calls so we ended up passing it to the number 2 pod every time. I got some good rucking in even a turn over, and a good dump tackle on the 10 metre line..but it want enough. Despite some encouraging defense upfront, the team lost heart and the MCB backs ran in another 3 tries before the referee closed the game up.

It was a tense bitter affair, and nobody shook the referees hand, though we did shake the other teams hands...and we alll shifted off silently to watch the 1st XVs play. The score ended up in the region of 45-7

Absolutey hammered.

Our 1st XV won 16-8 though to a lacklutre MCB side though so it was all good in the end.

I was pretty frustrated that the coach wouldnt let me on into the second row in the middle of the game. i was soo fired up and was twiching to get some rugby going. he was soo annoyed with the referee.

First time ive played for the 4th XV this season and we lost . We are unbeaten on the 5th XV so far though =D
Gear:
^ Unlucky

I dont actually play rugby. Last time I played, i was pulled down by my shoulders and my head hit the ground. I was out cold for 5 minutes, and now I just dont want to play. Yeah, im a sook.
edit

Can somebody get me the name of the French league for the main page??

And we can have rugby league if you guys want..though i know nothing about the leagues or cups in it. I am a union lad myself :P:
Gear:
Lmao something similar happened to me, where i fractured my shoulder in two places very close to the joint and took a year out. Bu for some reason it made me want to play more, and i returned the next year on the lowest team, having had to work my way up. Thats why i love rugby so much....it actually drove me to get better.
Gear: