Spider III 75W.

The tone is okay when the volume is low, no problem with that. Still sounds kinda thin, lacking that ballsy bone-rattling feel to it, like a twinkie without the cream filling.

But it's usable, my only amp at the moment.

But wow. Just wow.

I turned the bass up to 8, treble up to 9, mid down to 3, gain to 10, and volume up to 5 on the (red) metal channel, supposedly the triple recto copy.

The entire amp started rattling and rumbling like it was gonna fall apart, even when I stopped playing it sounded like a four year old playing bass. The tone got completely sucked away, treble consumed and every little note I hit blended together an army of four year old wannabe shred artists. It was the most annoying clusterf*ck I've ever heard.
Quote by fly135
Great list Rutch. On re-reading this one I'd have to say Solid State means not liquid or gas.

I figured it out.
i got the 30

it sounds like anal seepage
Quote by yawn
It just occurred to me that UG attracts a lot of socially isolated male teenagers with questionable psychological dispositions.

Quote by I'm_Guitarded
Sticks and stones may break my bones, but Whip and Chains Excite Me!!

Got'em!
sucks to be u and me cuz my marshall mg 30 is just as bad
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination
at least you know the truth, young padawan.

I laugh when I see people talking up thier Spyder amps. "it's awesome, it can totally do more than your lame tube amp, and I spent less!"
Jumping Jax Champion 1965!
Vox XL amps = Spiders w/ tone. no matter how much of an oxymoron "Spiders with tone" is.
Lol@sg4ever.

Vox amps sound great. No doubt.

But modeling amps are for two types of people. A) People who aren't serious about it and just want to sound cool. And B) People who don't want a sound of their own.

I'm dying for a triple recto. But I just can't afford it.

&&MG30 = sad. Almost as sad as my spider III. Why almost? Yours is a 30W. Mine's a 75W.

On a more REALISTIC sense, I wanna get a peavey soon. I'll never be able to afford a mesa.
Quote by fly135
Great list Rutch. On re-reading this one I'd have to say Solid State means not liquid or gas.

I figured it out.
"anal seepage"

god i cant get enough of that
Gear
-Ibanez RG321 ( /w D-Sonic)
-Agile AL-3100 (/w Custom + '59)
-Yamaha FG730S
-Crybaby 535Q
-Keeley TS-9
-ISP Decimator
-B-52 AT-212
Quote by Mental-lica
My hats off to you mr. lanzaa and you can put this in your sig

M en
E jaculating
T o
A wful
L yrics
I know, it's rich isn't it xD

God, I need to look at high-ass gain amps for cheap-ass budgets.
Quote by fly135

I figured it out.
well you ****ed up by buying a line 6 head in the first place lol
Guitars:
Agile Interceptor Pro 828
Martin and Fender acoustics

Amp:
Bias amps
I didn't, it was a christmas gift.

And fyi

Dave Mustaine plays line 6. Not only that, Line 6 Inc. is ingenius. At marketing. Nothing else, but that's all you need. Marketing.

We all make mistakes, it's how we learn.
Quote by fly135

I figured it out.
Quote by Ishiga

And fyi

Dave Mustaine plays line 6. Not only that, Line 6 Inc. is ingenius. At marketing. Nothing else, but that's all you need. Marketing.

That's a pretty foolish comment. Line 6 Spiders indeed suck. Hard.

Quite alot of their other amps and products, however, are rather good. The Flextone is pretty decent (shame you can get a valve combo in that price range which will do specific things much better) and the Vetta is a nice, if expensive amp. Their Pod range is great too.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Excuse me. If the man has the resources to buy a nice tube amp then I would heartily advice him to get one. I didn't post that bit about the Vox amps to get ridiculed. I meant if he was going to go in that direction those are better choices. Sheesh.
Quote by sg4ever
Excuse me. If the man has the resources to buy a nice tube amp then I would heartily advice him to get one. I didn't post that bit about the Vox amps to get ridiculed. I meant if he was going to go in that direction those are better choices. Sheesh.

I know how you feel
I find it a little annoying when people make fun of ones cheap amp and make fun as if we loved it ,,, tends to be wrong i personally was new at guitar getting an mg and it was cheap (i was 16 a valve was a bit outa reach)
Gear:
Dean Razorback V 255 (explosion finish)
Jackson KX10 (amber sunburst)
Yamaha ERG121
random 50 quid acoustic
Randall RG50TC
Well, they're solid state. If you think its going to sound good cranked, you're wrong.
Meh, I think judging Line 6 by its entry level amps is kinda dumb. Their higher end ones are really good, as are some of their effects.
Board:
Pitchblack - Fulltone Octafuzz - Hardwire OD - Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina - MXR Micro Chorus - Diamond Memory Lane Jr - EHX SMMH - Neunaber Wet
completely unrelated to the comparing amps, but ts turn your bass down, solid state amps get bassier as you turn them up, at least thats my experience.
Mesa Lonestar Special
Traynor YCV40WR
Ibanez -Artcore AS103BM
Fender American Deluxe Strat
Analog Man ARDX20 Dual Delay
Red Witch Empress Chorus
Big Muff Pi
Boss BD-2
MXR '76 RI Dynacomp
Fulltone Clyde Deluxe Wah
Jetter Jetdrive
EHX POG
I've decided to sell ALL my line 6 gear after they boned me once again. I just bought the Line6/ Bogner Spider Valve 212 MKII. Honestly the amp sounds AWESOME, but the company just always does the stupidest things. I whip out the Midi implementation chart and start programming my FCB 1010 to control the amp. I get everything working great. EXCEPT the Wah. There are no Midi CC#'s to turn it on, off or for Pedal position in the documentation. That can't be right (and there were numerous errors in the documentation!) So I call tech support. I get Hugo, who has to ask the product manager for the answer. BTW they won't tell me who the product manager is, or give me his email or anything. Anyway the answer is that they did not include any Midi control of the Wah. The only way to control the Wah is to use their FVB Short board. They did this on purpose so you would be FORCED to buy the FVB short board for an additional $200. My XT live has nearly the exact pedal configuration as the FVB and has MIDI yet it can't control the amp and of course my Variax wont plug into the Amp or the FVB. So to use the Variax you HAVE to use the XT and put it into the Loop on the Amp! Meaning I now have TWO different Modelers to make ONE guitar work. I now have 3 Line 6 products that are incompatable with each other! I don't know, If I built guitars and amps I would make them work with each other. But then again I have common sense. Obviously I returned the amp for a full refund and the Variax and XT Live will go on Ebay this week. I don't like being strong armed into having to buy more accessories, especially when the products aren't compatable with each other. I've had problems from day one with L6 products not cutting through live and I've spent countless hours tweaking to try and resolve the issue. I guess that's why they had to have someone Like Bogner, who knows what he's doing, build them a working amp! I'm done with Line 6. I hope every one else is too. Perhaps if we stop supporting them they will listen to their customers.
Quote by CJRocker
Well, they're solid state. If you think its going to sound good cranked, you're wrong.

digital =/ solid state.

yeah that amp has a solid state power section but it's amplifying a not so great dsp.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
Quote by feedingjoey
I've decided to sell ALL my line 6 gear after they boned me once again. I just bought the Line6/ Bogner Spider Valve 212 MKII. Honestly the amp sounds AWESOME, but the company just always does the stupidest things. I whip out the Midi implementation chart and start programming my FCB 1010 to control the amp. I get everything working great. EXCEPT the Wah. There are no Midi CC#'s to turn it on, off or for Pedal position in the documentation. That can't be right (and there were numerous errors in the documentation!) So I call tech support. I get Hugo, who has to ask the product manager for the answer. BTW they won't tell me who the product manager is, or give me his email or anything. Anyway the answer is that they did not include any Midi control of the Wah. The only way to control the Wah is to use their FVB Short board. They did this on purpose so you would be FORCED to buy the FVB short board for an additional $200. My XT live has nearly the exact pedal configuration as the FVB and has MIDI yet it can't control the amp and of course my Variax wont plug into the Amp or the FVB. So to use the Variax you HAVE to use the XT and put it into the Loop on the Amp! Meaning I now have TWO different Modelers to make ONE guitar work. I now have 3 Line 6 products that are incompatable with each other! I don't know, If I built guitars and amps I would make them work with each other. But then again I have common sense. Obviously I returned the amp for a full refund and the Variax and XT Live will go on Ebay this week. I don't like being strong armed into having to buy more accessories, especially when the products aren't compatable with each other. I've had problems from day one with L6 products not cutting through live and I've spent countless hours tweaking to try and resolve the issue. I guess that's why they had to have someone Like Bogner, who knows what he's doing, build them a working amp! I'm done with Line 6. I hope every one else is too. Perhaps if we stop supporting them they will listen to their customers.

3 year old thread... why?
Fender MIA Stratocaster (with SD Twang Banger)
Epiphone Les Paul Special II
Johnson Acoustic
Palmer FAB5
Three year old thread anyone?
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
And fyi

Lets clear this up. Dave Mustaine USED Line 6 for a VERY SHORT PERIOD. He used it with a Rocktron Prophesy processor. Dave Mustaine currently uses Marshall Mono Block amps and a Digitech GSP1101 Processor. Hmmmm I wonder why he switched back after making the Comment "I used to use Marshall power amps similar in size but they weighed 5 times what these do. With this rack I can now take 10 of these on tour and they sound better"
Well maybe he had to take 10 of them because their pieces of crap and break down constantly, or maybe Line 6 didn't support him. I don't know for sure. But what I do know is that there are Marshall Mono blocks in his rack as I write this. NOT LINE 6
Quote by hansolo1106
3 year old thread... why?

Because pople who are looking to buy line 6 still read these things!