I bought a PA system not too long ago, and my mic amplifier has a CD player built into it. But it doesn't have like a radio on it or anything cool, so I was wondering if there was some way to like hook up an iPod to a CD player, kinda like I've seen iPods hooked up into car's tape players.

Idk, maybe someone will know.. is there a way?
you need a certain cable...i'm blanking on what kind it is though
Quote by Stephen Colbert
Ignorance is bliss. Oedipus ruined a great sex life by asking too many questions.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Is it odd that I get an erection every time RageAgainst... posts?

President of "Colbert Nation "
any PA system should have some kind of line level input

get a little cable that splits up the stereo 1/8" from the ipod into 2x RCA or whatever input you need
Well, if it has a 3.5mm auxillery jack, you can buy a male/male 3.5mm jack cable, plug one end into your iPod, and the other into the auxillery jack.

NOT a microphone back. The slot should say "AUX" or be the same size of the jack and say "IN" or "INPUT".

I also know they have 3.5mm jack-to-1/4 plug converters. Like the size of a guitar cable's end. It's just a little cap thing that you put on one end of the 3.5mm cable, then you put one end in the iPod, and the other, with the 1/4 converter thing into a 1/4" Auxillery jack, or something similar.

Other than that, I don't know.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Quote by seljer
any PA system should have some kind of line level input

get a little cable that splits up the stereo 1/8" from the ipod into 2x RCA or whatever input you need

oh **** good idea man.

Now I can ****ing crank my tunes at parties in my appartment

all I need now is a bass amp for it. hehehe
^^that's what i was getting at...so listen to him
Quote by Stephen Colbert
Ignorance is bliss. Oedipus ruined a great sex life by asking too many questions.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Is it odd that I get an erection every time RageAgainst... posts?

President of "Colbert Nation "
I got out the instruction manual and theres a part on the amp that says 2-track (which is meant to plug in a CD player or tape player) but there are four inputs two that are "send" and two that are "return" and both of those have a left and right.

so what do I plug into? Cause the instruction manual doesn't say how to do anything, it just says what's what and then says the exact same thing in 3 other languages.

basically how i do it. just make sure you run it through a mixer or a head or it will come out mono instead of stereo. The send and return are usually for effects and the like. try a direct input. total cost of this should be only around $7-10 at a radioshack.
Originally posted by Viciousxp
GRRR.. im so mad at society.

grow up, society supports you, the guitar you bought, and the internet you're posting on.
You can get such devices at radio shack. And I think that there is even one that goes directly from 1/4 inch to headphone jack.