I just bought a tiny terror and it looks nice, but I wanna hear it! I need a cabinet measured at 16 ohms and I don't wanna spend over 230 USD. (250 is the MOST I would spend, but I really don't even wanna go over 200 to be honest...)

I have been hunting ebay and craigslist bidding every time an orange 1x12 comes up, but I always get outbid because I can't spend as much as the people who outbid me (I have a job, I just have to spend my money on gas and my college fund).

Anyways, nearly everything else I see on ebay is 8 ohms because that's more common. I also want a 1x12. I don't need a 2x12, and definitely not a 412. I also hate 10 and 15 inch speakers for a reason unknown even to me... 12 is where it's at.

I thought about getting an avatar 1x12 cab, but I am trying to wiggle under $200.

So I just noticed the epiphone VJ cab:
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-Valve-Junior-1X12-Extension-Cab?sku=481026

Waddaya know! It's 16 ohms
It's also $130 NEW
Also it's 70 watts, so no problem there.
I've never heard of the Eminence Lady Luck, so if you have any experience, is it any good? Do you think the cab would sound good with the TT?
I play classic rock, blues, jazz, etc. Stuff like Rush, RHCP, Cream, SRV, etc.

Also if you have any suggestions on a different cab, lemme know!
Thanks
I believe you can use an 8ohm cab as well with it. You plug it into either of the 8ohm inputs.
Gear:
Gibson X-Plorer Studio Yellow
Orange Tiny Terror
Orange PPC-112 Cab (2 stacked - 1 open backed)
MXR Phase 90
Fulltone OCD
/\ really! I thought that was for using 2 8 ohm 1x12s. If you're right, then I REALLY appreciate that because it opens up the possibilites for cabs I can buy on ebay a lot!
Thanks.
it'd be surprising if the TT could only be used with a 16 ohm cab... but I don't know the ins-and-outs of it.

FWIW, the VJ cab is nice for the price. probably have a major colour clash there though... o_O
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I think 16 ohms is best.

I also wouldn't buy the Epi VJ cab for a VJ, much less a Tiny Terror. You have a great amp there, why cheap out on the speaker?

You already have the best idea in mind: Go with the Avatar 1x12. Pick out the speaker you want. The quality will be better, and they even offer orange tolex! You won't regret spending that extra $70. Believe me.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
^ +1

If you're in the State, then an Avatar cab is a very cost efficient way of getting a great cab if you can't stretch to the Orange PCB112
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
i thought avatars were considered "cheaping out" too?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
i thought avatars were considered "cheaping out" too?

Avatar's a budget brand, but they're a step up from the MG's, ATV's, Flexwaves, and such of the world. At least you know you're getting quality speakers.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
yeah, but i mean that VJ cab is actually pretty nice. It's certainly a step up from avt's etc.

I dunno, I don't really care. I do know it'll be a colour clash of warhollian proportions, so on that basis, I reckon the VJ cab is a bad choice...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Actually the TT isn't orange colored, it's white so the clashing wouldn't be too bad...

But you all had good points. I'll probably spring for an avatar.

haha i'm the first person to have to *spring* for an avatar
Last edited by rhcp2112 at Oct 21, 2007,
haha, true. it does have a little orange on it, though...

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?