ok i like old school thrash and death metal... i have a randall rx120dhs (a solid state half stack), an esp m-400 (2 emg 81), and a boss mt-2 metalzone.... i like my metalzone but im sort of tired of it.. what are some high end pedals for my type music? i need to upgrade. i was looking at rocktron silver dragon.. not too expensive and its a tube pedal
line 6 uber metal. greatest distortion pedal ive ever played. get it. its only like 80 bucks.
I'm dying to try a Rocktron Zombie Rectifier.

But sh!t, the silver dragon sounds and looks sweet as hell.
Quote by fly135
Great list Rutch. On re-reading this one I'd have to say Solid State means not liquid or gas.

I figured it out.
digitech hardwire metal distortion
or
blackstar ht dist-x
Guitars
Fender American Standard Strat 2008
Burny late 1980's Super Grade RLG-70 Les Paul
Sterling by Musicman JP50
Fender Classic Series 60's tele
Yamaha FS720S
Amp
Roland Microcube
Fender Blues Junior III Humholdt
maybe look into something to add to your distortion like a tube screamer. Tech 21 has a tube amp modulator pedal for guitar that will make basicly make almost any amp sound like a million bucks when combined with a distortion pedal. (it will take out the 'vaugeness' of your sound but keep the crazy distortion that gives you the chunk. also it will give you more chunk)

but if you are sure the distortion pedal is the culprit then i recomend the line6 ubermetal, tech 21 XXL, tech 21 doubledrive, KRANK, silver dragon are all good choices.

you diddint specify wanting "more" or "less distortion" so i just kinda picked a veriety but all those will deff wave a sweeter tone then a metal zone. dont knock effects till you try them i allways say all those are are great pedals and worth looking into
ESP B-405,Fender American Jazz Bass(EMG J active pups and LEO QUAN BADASS II ) squire P bass(EMG P active Pups)),
SansAmp Bass driver DI
Ampeg SvP PRO Tube Preamp
QSC2450 Power amp
Furman PL8
FINALLY-Ampeg SVT 810E
Zvex Box of Metal

MI Audio Tube Zone

bad cat xtreme tone

skreddy mayo (Long gone except Ebay, but Matt from Stomp Under Foot might make you a clone).
Quote by holycow
digitech hardwire metal distortion
or
blackstar ht dist-x

/thread
Quote by Eddie4President
Either you remind her of a girl, or she's not a lesbian.

Quote by blake1221
Jabba's real name is Katie.