which slash tone though?

i actually use my rhythm pickup and use a wah pedal. i push the wah all the way down and leave it that way (trebly) . Seems to work for me.
My Gear
Line 6 Variax 600
Epiphone G-310
Ibanez RG350EX
81' Ibanez Blazer Bass

Line 6 Spider III 75
Line 6 POD X3 Live
Fender ToneMaster Mini
Boss DD-2 Delay
Boss CE-2 Chorus

My Band
Band MySpace!
Band UG Profile
some sorta tube overdrive
maybe a digitech bad monkey
and obviously a wah pedal
Quote by yawn
It just occurred to me that UG attracts a lot of socially isolated male teenagers with questionable psychological dispositions.

Quote by I'm_Guitarded
Sticks and stones may break my bones, but Whip and Chains Excite Me!!

Got'em!
V30 won't fit a VJ combo. in the cab, it might sound too modern, but it shouldn't sound bad.

as far as pedal goes, i don't know. mod the VJ to marshall specs, get a les paul with alnico II pro pickups from seymour duncan, and crank it. if you need more gain, add a clean booster.

that should help a bit.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by BFun
which slash tone though?

i actually use my rhythm pickup and use a wah pedal. i push the wah all the way down and leave it that way (trebly) . Seems to work for me.

Like the lead tone Fall to Pieces, Sweet Child O Mine, November Rain

That warm bassy wood sound.
From his website, these are the settings he uses in his JCM900s: Presence: 7, Bass: 7, Mid: 4.5, Treble: 7, Output Master: 6, Lead Master: 10, Input Gain: 6.5. So that should give you a general idea of his tone. as for pedals, I've never heard of one that does it well. You can start by using some kind of PAF style alnico magnet pickup in the neck of your guitar. I haven't heard a pedal that really nails his tone. You pretty much need an EQ.
Quote by ECistheBest
V30 won't fit a VJ combo. in the cab, it might sound too modern, but it shouldn't sound bad.

as far as pedal goes, i don't know. mod the VJ to marshall specs, get a les paul with alnico II pro pickups from seymour duncan, and crank it. if you need more gain, add a clean booster.

that should help a bit.
A Vintage 30 Sounding too modern?
For Slash tone try using a DiMarzio PAF or a Seymour Duncan 59 in the neck and then crank the gain, should sound very nice!

I personally prefer the DiMarzio, but that's just my fingers and my ears...
G&L Legacy
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez RG20thDY
Ibanez RG25thFP
Agile Septor Elite 727
Fender Evil Twin / Mesa 412
EVH 5150 III Mini / Avatar 212

Quote by CJRocker
From his website, these are the settings he uses in his JCM900s: Presence: 7, Bass: 7, Mid: 4.5, Treble: 7, Output Master: 6, Lead Master: 10, Input Gain: 6.5. So that should give you a general idea of his tone. as for pedals, I've never heard of one that does it well. You can start by using some kind of PAF style alnico magnet pickup in the neck of your guitar. I haven't heard a pedal that really nails his tone. You pretty much need an EQ.

He used JCM800's though, not 900's.

And TS, for Sweet Child, use Neck p/u, volume at max, and roll off your tone knob a little bit.
Ben
lol i've never heard this song before, but it seems like it's not even close to being in sync with the backing track... is that just me?
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by RG_FANMAN
Boss DS-1.

Or if you want an overdrive, get a Tubescreamer

stock Boss DS1s suck ass. you'd want to mod it to keeley specs, then it's a marshall in a box. but never a stock one.
Quote by muffinman123192
I think it's pretty good for not having very Slashy gear.

EDIT: EC it's a VR song.

ohhh. hahaha that's why lol. i have Contraband album though.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
lulz whatever dude. getting a DS1 and modding it keeley spec would be pretty cool actually hahaha. marshall in a box.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
^ yep i am going to do that thanx to you EC.. if i have any questions i will ask!!!!! and i would use a morely wah with a '59 seymour duncan.. thats how i get mine! oh and a slight bit of compression will go a long way for that too!
heavy support of A7X army pm Copius
Quote by spl3001
I think we can all really agree that nothing is more metal than playing a Telecaster....On fire.

Quote by GiantRaven
The rest of the album is brilliant but that one song just really gets right on my tits for some reason