im looking forward to buying a new guitar, i played this at the store and i liked it. I listen to sabbath/megadeth/priest/maiden/pantera type of thing. I have a gibson sg right now but i want something more metal. I love duncans.

http://www.jacksonguitars.com/products/search.php?partno=2803071870

it was going for 1049 in a blue finish worth it or no?

original Floyd rose.

the soloist is japan btw, not usa, usa models are 2k and i cant afford those so is this worth it or you can find something better for my style for this money?
Seems pretty decent; not a big fan of the JB.

What amp do you have?
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
How does that amp sound metal-wise?
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
the amp sounds good, i like the nice warm sound the tube preamp gives me but im lookign forward to upgrading to a 5150.

and i like the specs but the question is, is it worth it? can you find something better for 1049? i really like the way it sounds/feels but i wanna make sure its the right guitar, not everyday i spend 1200 bucks on a guitar.. considering im 15 and worked all summer for it.
Well I would personally customize my own Carvin at that price, but to each their own .
Quote by utsapp89
u think i can find a carvin better for 1049?
original floyd rose and duncans =/?

is carvin usa btw?

whadu guys think of dimarzzio super distortions?

i also have to sell my gibson sg faded, you think 450$ is good enough for it? my friend is offering that for it.
Carvins are made in California.

www.carvin.com

Pick the body that you want and then pick all the options that you want .

Carvin pickups are pretty decent; like I said previously, I'm not really a fan of the JB.

That seems like a decent price for the SG faded.

A DC127 with OFR is $880.
Quote by utsapp89
Last edited by FacingUsAll at Oct 20, 2007,