I have just got an epiphone valve junior amp and am having a blast cranking it and playing with the feedback i can get from the strings and the pickups. Does anyone know if this can damage a tube amp?
Quote by marsvoltaguy
i say both. you always have the option to not use the pedal at all but it will still be there like that obsessed chick you took to homecoming and never called again, sitting there waiting for your call. so yea both
More likely to damage the speaker, but not all that likely. Tends to heat up the voice coil a little.
of course if feedback is coming because of the level the of your guitar is way too high on a crappy, then it could eventually blow, but it should barely do anything.
if you crnak ANY amp at full volume your going to get feedback....
Sex is good
Sex is fine
Doggy Style & 69
Just for fun
Or gettin paid
Everyone likes gettin laid
Its safe to say it wont hurt it. The only thing it has even a remote chance of hurting is the speakers with the extremely violent frequencies...but then again, it wouldn't be any more strenuous on the speakers than if you were playing loud already.

No, I think you're okay.

I think that if you're ears hurt, then you're in danger of hurting the amp.
"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison
It's only when i put the guitar close up to the amp. And it is intentional, i can stop it if i want to. Thanks for the help. So the tubes should be relatively safe?
Quote by marsvoltaguy
i say both. you always have the option to not use the pedal at all but it will still be there like that obsessed chick you took to homecoming and never called again, sitting there waiting for your call. so yea both
Quote by dantiberian
It's only when i put the guitar close up to the amp. And it is intentional, i can stop it if i want to. Thanks for the help. So the tubes should be relatively safe?

yeah man, no problems i can foresee.
"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison
With my VJ I can get controlled feedback really easy, but I can't get the squeely kind. How are yo doing it?
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
I think it is my pickups feeding back. I have a 1981 Ibanez Artist and i highly doubt that the pickups were wax potted to prevent feedback. Try the bridge pickup and holding it close to the speakers. Also i hold mine upside down. What guitar do you have? Do you have the volume control up loud enough? I have mine set about 1 o clockish
Quote by marsvoltaguy
Quote by dantiberian
I think it is my pickups feeding back. I have a 1981 Ibanez Artist and i highly doubt that the pickups were wax potted to prevent feedback. Try the bridge pickup and holding it close to the speakers. Also i hold mine upside down. What guitar do you have? Do you have the volume control up loud enough? I have mine set about 1 o clockish

I'd set the volume to full, bridge pickup of my Cort M520, although it is wax potted. But, I'd use the guitar and make secksing motions, and it would let out a little *bloooop* for about half a second. If I want feed back I have to kick on my DS-1 with dist. and tone full.
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
Turn the amp up, so that's it is very loud. Bridge pickup, volume up, tone up.

Plenty of feedback, although it takes a bit of practice to control it.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG