Hey all!
I have a previous thread about how to stretch your strings, but i have another question now!
If i tuned my guitar up a few half steps and then left it for a couple of hours, would the strings stretch themselves? Or should i just manually stretch them by hand? I ask this, because my fingers are really sore from the hand method!!
Thanks all! I appreciate the help!
When one truly knows oneself, one understands that one is divine, but also one understands that one is mortal. In such a way, you recognize that this mortality is really meaningless, as physical existence is meaningless.
Just stretch them yourself...

How are you stretching them that hurts your fingers??

Just pull em up from the fretboard.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Thats a great idea. I like it. I want to try it.

What I do is pull the strings upward away from the fretboard up and down 4 or 5 times until it feels strenuous and clicks a few times.
"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison
Quote by rustausa
If i tuned my guitar up a few half steps and then left it for a couple of hours, would the strings stretch themselves?

thats what i do. i tune to F# standard, leave it for a night, then tune to E standard the next morning and play.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
i personally dont believe in the string stretching theory. i think its retarded to sit there and dick around pulling strings this way and that. what i do when i put new strings on, is tune it up, play the ****er for about 5 minutes, re tune and its good to go. 8 or 9 years of doing that and i've never had to stretch my strings.
Jackson RR Professional, early 90's japanese model, with EMG's

Digitech GNX3000

Crate GX 212
What is there to "believe"?

It's not like evolution or something...

Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
^i had those people ringing doorbells around to spread their religion thing. ejova or something? they were like, "we believe god created us..." and then i cut in: "no, there is no god. we evolved from monkeys over a course of few hundred thousand years. did u know that? what the hell did u get in middle school life science??? how the hell did u come up with god making ****?????? " then they left with a wtf face.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Jehova's Witnesses .
Quote by utsapp89
Quote by FacingUsAll
Just stretch them yourself...

How are you stretching them that hurts your fingers??

Just pull em up from the fretboard.

well, i was stretching them sideways, not up and dowm, and i was using two hands. one hand went in one direction, while the other went the opposite direction. I got a few strings done, but my fingers were really sore!! I got an edge pro now, so i actually have to stretch them out. before, i never needed a whammy bar, so im new to this string stretching thing. ill try up and down, so thanks!!
When one truly knows oneself, one understands that one is divine, but also one understands that one is mortal. In such a way, you recognize that this mortality is really meaningless, as physical existence is meaningless.
Quote by ECistheBest
^i had those people ringing doorbells around to spread their religion thing. ejova or something? they were like, "we believe god created us..." and then i cut in: "no, there is no god. we evolved from monkeys over a course of few hundred thousand years. did u know that? what the hell did u get in middle school life science??? how the hell did u come up with god making ****?????? " then they left with a wtf face.

well technically humans and monkeys share the same primate ancestors, we did not evolve from monkeys. On the other hand you are bashing creationists so
MY Music
AMPS:
Chute CC-04 2x12
GUITARS:
Fender American Deluxe Strat SSS (with DG-20's)
Martin Dx-1
PEDALS:
Big Muff Pi Tone Wicker
Keeley Mod Bluesdriver
Holy Grail Plus Reverb
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Boss RC-2 Loop pedal
Quote by pawnluv
well technically humans and monkeys share the same primate ancestors, we did not evolve from monkeys. On the other hand you are bashing creationists so

yea sorry hahaha. if u feel offended, i'll take it off.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by ECistheBest
yea sorry hahaha. if u feel offended, RELAX.

Fixed.

Quote by utsapp89
^woops. it should be "Relax... then read it again."
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard