Page 1 of 2
This is going to be a bit of a rant but i'm just trying to clear my head. I hate being a teenager. Everyone assumes that just because i'm a teenager i have nothing important to say and I'm completely disregarded.

But more on to the subject I'm tired of un-grateful teenagers. When a few weeks ago my friend told me she was suicidal, i tried to bare with her and get her through it. Even though she has nothing wrong with her life i tried to convince her why she should be happy. Now another friend of mine told me how she hates her life. And thats when i snapped.

Keep in mind these two girls have everything that anybody in the world could want.

They have a good family life

They are both decent looking

They have friends

They come from wealthy familys

Anything that most people in the world would die for... and yet they are ready to kill themselves over something as trivial as there love life isn't going good, or little Suzy is being a bitch to them...

And so after a few weeks of this i told them that i didn't care anymore and didn't want to hear it. I listed the above reasons and they called ME selfish!

and i know its horrible to say but if these sort of people carried out there empty threats... i don't think i'd mind as much as i used to
Quote by iantheman
I went to school stoned twice. the first time was a lot of fun, but the second time we had a guest speaker from the women's resource center come in, and talk about rape. I couldn't contain my laughter. Never again.
you should rape them and kill their parents

you know, give them reason to be suicidal
Quote by Stephen Colbert
Ignorance is bliss. Oedipus ruined a great sex life by asking too many questions.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Is it odd that I get an erection every time RageAgainst... posts?

President of "Colbert Nation "
hahah Suck it up asshat, It's called being a kid, Obviously noones gonna take you seriously
so just stir **** up. it's what they get for not taking you seriously.
Cancer.
I agree. Being a teenager as well, I get looked over often as well. And I hear those silly "my heart is a black abyss and I want to go kill myself" things often too, though usually not from my close friends. I try explaining to them that there are children in backwards places like Sudan that would kill for a life like theirs, but they just whine about how bad they have it...

I think that people in developed societies have trouble imagining what it's like to have no idea not only whether you'll have anything to eat tomorrow, but also whether you're going to get blown to bits by a landmine/shot/etc.

That said, you posted this in the PIT, so don't expect much in the way of intelligent answers.
Quote by LespaulsRcool
Everyone assumes that just because i'm a teenager i have nothing important to say and I'm completely disregarded.

Truth.

</thread>
Do not assume you are the higher power in any context, and you will see whats really going on.
Quote by Crepe
Do not assume you are the higher power in any context, and you will see whats really going on.

+1
i went through a rough few weeks with my dad...came really close to walking out
do teenagers scare the living **** out of you?

oooooh. see what I did there?

but you're right. suicidal people only want attention anyways.
...Nothing you've ever...
...Planned on ever turned out...
...The way you planned...

...You're still disappointing them...
Quote by evan7654321

this got old like 6 threads ago.
Quote by Yakult
If I get a boner I generally pass out due to the massive amount of blood having to be redirected from my brain

Quote by DubStar92
I like to video record myself when I'm drunk. It's like a mini-movie. I love fapping to the sex scene.
start a ****ing riot
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
Quote by jesus-squared
hahah Suck it up asshat, It's called being a kid, Obviously noones gonna take you seriously
so just stir **** up. it's what they get for not taking you seriously.

thats the reason no one would take teenagers seriously... \

But its not just that, they won't even acknowledge that they are spoiled
Quote by iantheman
I went to school stoned twice. the first time was a lot of fun, but the second time we had a guest speaker from the women's resource center come in, and talk about rape. I couldn't contain my laughter. Never again.
Quote by LespaulsRcool
thats the reason no one would take teenagers seriously... \

But its not just that, they won't even acknowledge that they are spoiled

Yeah, being a spoilt brat always accomplishes something.
Quote by The Spoon
Thats retarded, i hate teenagers like that.

you need to add everyboy who tries to make a new tab of a song that has like 500 *****, RETARDS...
Don't even bother, they just want your attention. Good move on telling them that you don't care! They're just mad because you aren't giving em' any attention.

Guitar rig
Schecter C-1 Classic
Boss GT-8
Mesa 50/50 Power Amp

Synth Rig
M-Audio Oxygen 61
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Elite Pro
Reason 4.0
FL Studio 8
Maybe there's things going on at home? I.E. Abuse, alcohol/drug abuse sexual? Although this may not be the case, alot of abuse happens in families where you don't expect ti.
Although some people may seem to have perfect lives, they really might have it rough. Some people just can't deal with stress in any shape or form. Don't try to convince them that their life is great, just listen to what they have to say. Well, if your their friend. All they're looking for is someone to vent on.

If you don't know them or honestly don't give a flying ****, then tell them to piss off. But don't assume you know everything about their lives.
Quote by i bleed metal
Although some people may seem to have perfect lives, they really might have it rough. Some people just can't deal with stress in any shape or form. Don't try to convince them that their life is great, just listen to what they have to say. Well, if your their friend. All they're looking for is someone to vent on.

If you don't know them or honestly don't give a flying ****, then tell them to piss off. But don't assume you know everything about their lives.

Although that could be true i have known their families for a long time now. I'm not gonna assume i know everything about their lives but i know enough to know that they have nothing to complain about.

And its not like i didn't let them vent for the past few weeks. They came to me for help and i did my best until finally a recommended them to a councilor.

They both refused to go and so thats when i said **** it
Quote by iantheman
i think its narrow minded for teenagers to be of the "i hate my life, this sucks" attitude, but it is also narrow minded to assume that because one is a teenager that there aren't any real problems or feelings going on it their heads
Quote by GuitarHobbiest
What exactly is a powerchord?

Quote by laid_to_waste
My trouser snake is friendly. If you pet him, he might even do a trick! think I'm going to hell for that one.
Quote by evan7654321
*pic*

Oh fuck it...

*reported*

Ok, now back to the topic at hand. I know exactly where you're coming from. Being "depressed" and "suicidal", for some reason or another, have become trendy. They label themselves as the above because they are nothing but attention whores and just want a little sympathy. You wanna know the best way to combat people like this? Ignore them. It'll drive them up the fucking wall.
You'd be surprised about what goes on behind the scenes in peoples' families. Sometimes even disgusted.
Quote by cukd7x-a2-
you need to add everyboy who tries to make a new tab of a song that has like 500 *****, RETARDS...

What?
Quote by Zoso68
i think its narrow minded for teenagers to be of the "i hate my life, this sucks" attitude, but it is also narrow minded to assume that because one is a teenager that there aren't any real problems or feelings going on it their heads

Believe me. The things they are crying over are things such as, "I hate my life because SO and SO just WONT LIKE ME! Maybe its because i'm ugly ((("

Or

"Suzy is being so mean to me! She didn't even pick up my call!! I think she doesnt really like me..."
Quote by iantheman
i know what you mean, mostly because i am that teenager that has it so great yet i'm still unhappy.
c4c

Quote by ckellingc

So I threw a rock at her.

Fuck heelies.
well. im 19. and im depressed. but the basis of this has changed. im depressed for different reasons than what i used to be, and then there is still **** that ****s with me.
ive learned to live with it.

see i think maybe you should just talk to them girls you mentioned a little more. as it seems too me thats want they want. it always helps to talk.
even though in you mind they should be happy, they can still be depressed. its not that they are ungrateful but that every body was a different views on bad.

for example. one guy could have been beat all the time as a kid. and now be depressed.

another could have been on alot of pills as a kid and now have social issues cause of it. and now be depressed.

both are completely different. but the level if badness is still there. only ones view of bad is different from the others. but it dosent make either one any less depressing.
Rainbow
(I'm not gay)
Quote by ChickMagnet41
i know what you mean, mostly because i am that teenager that has it so great yet i'm still unhappy.

why
Quote by iantheman
the reason nobody takes teenagers seriously....

1) They always pass themselves off as "I can do that... I'm mature enough... I'm intelligent enough... I could do that better then you can" (dating, driving, jobs, planning their life, whatever)

2) Teenagers also rapidly go to wanting to kill themselves when girlfriend of the week leaves them. Adults just look at this and go "uhh... try getting divorced when your wife calls the movers using your credit card and takes every last thing in the house and moves somewhere you have no idea where and all you have is a very large empty house and a huge lease/mortgage to pay and she didnt pay a single bill this month and they were all due today and all you have is a number for her lawyer. She canceled her Cell and oh by the way.. you just bought her a new car the week before and she changed jobs the week before to a job with much less hours because she was going to spend time at home with the kids"

3) Until they live on their own paying their own bills and doing it all with their crummy pay job adults just of course roll their eyes when they claim to know everything but still keep screwing it all up. We really like it when they talk about how they're going to be important and special and everyone will know who they are and want their opinion.
Guitars:
Legend Guitar Company OM-307QM,
Gitane John Jorgenson Gypsy Jazz Guitar,
Ibanez AG-85,
Gibson Johnny A Signature Custom

Gear:
E-MU 1820M, Guitar Box Pro, Aphex 204, 1404, Boss OC-2, QSR, Roland Cube 60, Guitar Rig 2, Crybaby 535Q
I really dont know to be honest. I just hate everything i do and say no matter what. i think its just part of being a teenager.
c4c

Quote by ckellingc

So I threw a rock at her.

Fuck heelies.
I know a guy who has all that, except his dad sometimes hits him. Right now hes currently disowned by his dad (everything in his room except his bed and some clothes were taken away from him), And he was to pay/work to live in his house. hes only 14/15 too. He also cant go anywhere, for some weird reason. He was thinking about suicide/running away but managed to talk him out of it. I don't know how hes gonna handle this though...
Quote by Its_Rock77
do teenagers scare the living **** out of you?

oooooh. see what I did there?

Sadly, I actually had a good laugh at that one.
Anyway, in my opinion its because they want attention. If someone were really suicidal, they probably wouldn't say anything, depending on the person. It's just drama. Stay away from drama because it tends to ass rape you.
Quote by captainjackass
I know a guy who has all that, except his dad sometimes hits him. Right now hes currently disowned by his dad (everything in his room except his bed and some clothes were taken away from him), And he was to pay/work to live in his house. hes only 14/15 too. He also cant go anywhere, for some weird reason. He was thinking about suicide/running away but managed to talk him out of it. I don't know how hes gonna handle this though...

That's child abuse. Tell him to see someone. Like the police.
A wise man is not wise because of his wiseness, but because of his manness.

Quote by floppypick
Penis.. do digimon have them?
Quote by Darth_Queso
That's child abuse. Tell him to see someone. Like the police.

The funny thing is, his dads making HIM see a counselor, even though he hasnt done anything.... we told him to tell the councelor about his dad but he refuses... Hes scared his dad will be taken away, and then he ways his mom and 3 brothers would be screwed over, because his dad makes all the money... I really don't know what to tell him
Quote by captainjackass
The funny thing is, his dads making HIM see a counselor, even though he hasnt done anything.... we told him to tell the councelor about his dad but he refuses... Hes scared his dad will be taken away, and then he ways his mom and 3 brothers would be screwed over, because his dad makes all the money... I really don't know what to tell him

well that kid of course has a real problem and its completly understandable!!!

its a different story with these girls
Quote by iantheman
Quote by Its_Rock77

some people never even mention suicide, they just do it, that proves there's no attention to be saught, only to die and leave this world of pain. but i do agree there are alot of teenagers seeking attention, but true pain exists, and its not for attention that they x them selfs.
Quote by Karl Sanders
its like a four finger, diminished thingy
Page 1 of 2