So my band is going to be doing a coffee house set. Now my rhythm guitarist/sing players acoustic straight in, but I play the electric guitar in our band exclusively. My amps are an 85 watt Fender ss, and a Epiphone valve standard. Both are way to loud/big for he show. So I was thinking of getting a used pod 2.0 for these gigs and plugging straight into the pa. Does this sound like and OK idea?
Eyes
Quote by woodenbandman
My dear man, I must petition you for photographic evidence, or the described events cannot be verified, and will be written off as fallacy.
It'd work, it's not a bad idea.

But just from a practical perspective, why don't you just use the Fender and turn it down to a more suitable volume?
The shop is really, really tiny. I could bearly fit itn there with the drummer, bass player, and a Vox AD15.
Eyes
Quote by woodenbandman
My dear man, I must petition you for photographic evidence, or the described events cannot be verified, and will be written off as fallacy.
Oh, fair enough then.

Well, in that case, you'd be pretty well set with the POD or something similiar.

Just make sure you've played with it enough to be able to get a good sound from it before your gig.
Is it worth buying a piece of equipment just for one gig? Try putting your amp on the bassist's or something.
"A wise man once said, never discuss philosophy or politics in a disco environment." - Frank Zappa
Quote by Jinskee
Don't question the X.
<Frenchy> I'm such a failure
No we will be playing there on a regular basis.
Eyes
Quote by woodenbandman
Maybe worth considering getting a smaller amp then, like a Blues Junior or something like that, maybe even a VJ?

Like xifr said, could you stick a small combo on top of the bass amp?
Actually our bass players plugs straight in to. His only amp is a half stack. I might look into the EVJ but I really am fond of the loud clean tone, which I know I can't get with the EVJ.
Eyes
Quote by woodenbandman
fender blues jnr?
"A wise man once said, never discuss philosophy or politics in a disco environment." - Frank Zappa
Quote by Jinskee
Don't question the X.
<Frenchy> I'm such a failure
I'm trying not to spend to much money, I'm on a budget and a used blues junior is out of my range. Also the EVJ would be similar to my EVS in tone.
Eyes
Quote by woodenbandman
you could get this: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Vox-Valvetronix-AD30VT-30W-Guitar-Combo?sku=481959
but on the clean settings, i dont know if its loud enough to cover drums, plus if you use the line-out jack, you lose the ability to hear through the amp. but it sounds like a small place, so you could hear yourself.
My Gear:
Fender 60th Anniversary Standard Strat
Vox AD30VT
Big Muff Pi.
I have the AD15vt, which is just a smaller version, and it has a line out. I was just trying to get rid of the amp all together. If I get the pod I'll probably tape it to my mic stand so I can change teh settings easy.
Eyes
Quote by woodenbandman