I have a 91' strat and would like to change all the original pickups. Influences would be Crue, Bon Jovi, Def Leppard, Aerosmith, Cinderella & Poison.

Any suggestions on what to get?
Price range and what country do you live in?
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Quote by FacingUsAll
Price range and what country do you live in?

USA & 200 - 250 for set.
And what amp do you have?

Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
emg singles? it'd fit the 80s metal theme you have goin on.
Gear:
ESP Eclipse 300
Jackson RR3
Bugera 6262 head
Trace Elliot straight cab
Boss NS-2
Boss DD-3
Quote by FacingUsAll
And what amp do you have?

I'm going to buy either a cube, vox or mini marshall 15w to 20w practice amp.
Last edited by Toniok2k at Oct 20, 2007,
hmmm interesting
I think the IcyHot DefLeppard signature model will be the thing ure looking for
Quote by Toniok2k
I'm going to buy either a cube, vox or mini marshall 15w to 20w practice amp.

So you're going to spend the same amount of $$$ on your pickups as your amp?

Quote by utsapp89
Quote by FacingUsAll
So you're going to spend the same amount of $$$ on your pickups as your amp?

I was under the impression these amps were around $150 tops. I was also figuring $ 70-80 per pickup. I'm just trying to get some ideas, I doubt I'll spend that much.
You're nuts, just spend all the money on an amp, the pickups will make barely any difference.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
You're nuts, just spend all the money on an amp, the pickups will make barely any difference.

Thanks for the advice, however my thread was about pickups. I'm just looking for some advice on what's available for pickups for my guitar with the sound I originally posted.
Quote by Toniok2k
Thanks for the advice, however my thread was about pickups. I'm just looking for some advice on what's available for pickups for my guitar with the sound I originally posted.

That's just it, it's not pickups that make the sound, it's the amp. You seem to be grossly overestimating the influence pickups have on the sound. The amp is the important thing, and if it's a choice between skimping on the amp so you can get pickups then it's no choice at all. You barely have enough for decent amp incuding your pickup budget, let alone without it.

Therefore pickups fall out of the equation by virtue of being an un-necessary luxury. You don't need pickups, you've just decided you want the, possibly in the mistaken belief that they'll influence your sound massively. Ultimately you have about $300 to spend on your tone...the best use of it is to spend it all on an amp as the net benefit will be greater.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
That's just it, it's not pickups that make the sound, it's the amp. You seem to be grossly overestimating the influence pickups have on the sound. The amp is the important thing, and if it's a choice between skimping on the amp so you can get pickups then it's no choice at all. You barely have enough for decent amp incuding your pickup budget, let alone without it.

Therefore pickups fall out of the equation by virtue of being an un-necessary luxury. You don't need pickups, you've just decided you want the, possibly in the mistaken belief that they'll influence your sound massively. Ultimately you have about $300 to spend on your tone...the best use of it is to spend it all on an amp as the net benefit will be greater.

What would recommend of a decent practice amp? I appreciate the info on the pickups!
Last edited by Toniok2k at Oct 21, 2007,
Dimarzio PAF Pro humbucker in the bridge. The singles will probably be ok, it is just if it has 3 singles already I think you will appreciate the bridge humbucker for that sort of rock.

The guys are right though, the amp is where it is really at, the pickups will affect maybe about 5% of the sound, the amp does the rest.

Still if you feel you have to change them, start off just putting a PAF Pro in or something IMO.

Craig
Floyd Rose DST-2
Vox AD15VT