should i try to challenge myself or play something easy? i want to learn blackbird by the beatles, but should i opt for something easier since i'm just starting?
Push yourself if you want to improve, if you just wanna play then play easy ****, if you play stuff thats hard and that you have difficulty doing, it may get frustrating but in the end it pays off. You'll improve faster that way
I'd say start with somthing relatively basic, that way you challenge yourself without going over the top, and you get a sense of accomplishment from getting it down. Plus when you learn it, you'll be able to play it for people when they ask what you've learned.

Aside, Blackbird is a great beginner song if you want to learn fingerstyle. You'll be so amped when you get it down because it sounds great and by the time you have it you'll be able to do so many other songs just from getting the basic technique down
Quote by Kahless
Push yourself if you want to improve, if you just wanna play then play easy ****, if you play stuff thats hard and that you have difficulty doing, it may get frustrating but in the end it pays off. You'll improve faster that way

Bollocks.

You HAVE to start with the simple stuff, playing stuff that's too hard doesn't make you learn faster at all. It makes you learn slower and also tends to leave gaping holes in your basic knowledge.

TS, Blackbird is too hard for a first song, assuming you're pretty much a complete beginner. Look for something that's very simple and just go from the chord sheet, not tabs.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Everyone learns diffrently I guess, I started with stuff that was to ard, and when I went to try an easy song afterwards I flew through it. Ill keep doing it my way thanks
Blackbird is too hard for a first song, assuming you're pretty much a complete beginner

Agreed. Go for something easier. Theres been plenty of threads on good beginner songs, just search the forums n im sure youll find something to suit your tastes :-)
Quote by steven seagull
Bollocks.

You HAVE to start with the simple stuff, playing stuff that's too hard doesn't make you learn faster at all. It makes you learn slower and also tends to leave gaping holes in your basic knowledge.

TS, Blackbird is too hard for a first song, assuming you're pretty much a complete beginner. Look for something that's very simple and just go from the chord sheet, not tabs.

+69 to steven seagull, for some reason he's always right

what style of music do you like? try learning something thats easier. i remeber trying to learn blackbird like 3/4s of a year a go and went "ahh screw this"

just find something easier
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Quote by tuwyci
why are metal musicians prone to fatness?
Cause there music is heavy.

Writing music is hard D: