I have an Ibanez RG series, I think it has an oil finish on it, not sure what to call it. I usually just wipe it down with a dry chamois cloth. Is there some chemical I can use on the wood to keep it looking sick without changing the appearance of the wood? I'm to scared to trust any random web sites I find on google

And also, when I'm done with it, I put it in my gig bag and stand it up and tilt it over a bit against my wall (strings facing out), I'm afraid that if I lay it down on its back that something could hit and damage the strings. Any methods you guys use for storing it safely?
a case is always better... if you appreciate you guitar... save up a little and buy one...

but thats just me....
a stand or case
Quote by SkyValley
Kids keep having sex younger and younger these days. Eventually kids will be born without their virginity and their first words will be "bow chicka bow wow."
My Peavey HP just passed its first anniversary with me and I use Method from Target to clean it (strings included).

I also just used some Carnauba wax on it. I put about 5 coats of wax on it and buffed it out and it looks awesome. Before waxing, I had a case of "sticky neck" and sanded the back of the neck with 800, then 1000, then 1200. Waxed it and buffed it out and it feels so much better and my hand doesn't get stuck anymore .

Chris
RG321MH?

I do the same thing, I just leave it in the gig bag leaning against a wall.

If you do have the RG321MH, just keep using the dry cloth, there isn't much you can use to clean it. The oil finish will wear out with sweat and usage, and from what I know the only thing you can do to make it look new is refinish it. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DO NOT USE WATER. I posted a thread like this on the internets once, and some bimbo told me to use a wet cloth on my 321MH. When I used it, it smeared the oil finish. Now there is a spot which is noticeably lighter in color than the rest of the guitar. Man I was a stupid farcktard. At least the discoloration is on a part where I rest the underpart of my right forearm, so I can tell people that I played so much that I wore down the finish.
86% of the people who frequent the "Electric Guitar" forum would say that they have played guitar for under 5 years.
wow thanks elliot, i have a 370dx but i think yours and mine have the same finish. thanks alot for the warning
Quote by reeseh
wow thanks elliot, i have a 370dx but i think yours and mine have the same finish. thanks alot for the warning

Hmm I'm not so sure that our guitars have the same finish..... I don't know 100%though.
86% of the people who frequent the "Electric Guitar" forum would say that they have played guitar for under 5 years.
I keep mine in hardcases or on stands. Depends if I'm playing that day or not. Either way I keep them in that anti-scratch cloth stuff guitars come in. Takes an extra 30 seconds to get my guitars out, but it keeps them clean & scratch free.