I recently ordered a new Mexican strat from a major online music store. The guitar caught my attention because it was selling for $339 as a "Blem item". I expected some minor scratches and that's what I got. Overall, it was great looking except for a few small scratches.

However, 2 of the bridge saddles were broken, making the guitar was unplayable. A small fix so I thought. I took it to a local Fender authorized repair shop to replace the saddles and to get a set-up. The man from the shop just called me today and said that the neck is warped and there's a major problem with the truss rod. He said that he couldn't set it up and that it should be returned to the store.

Of course I'm sick to my stomach now. $339 for the guitar, plus the $30 bill from the shop, plus shipping to return it. I called the store and they said that I could return it, but now I'm out $50 or more. I can't believe that a major store like this would send out such an obvious piece of crap.
next time go to guitar center, or don't get a blem. that does suck though.
Quote by the.spine.surfs

But really, asking the pit for relationship advice is like asking a girl with braces for a blowjob. Ouch.

Quote by Lil Macker
i first masterbated when i was... 10, i think
or was it 9...
yeah 10
and i'm catholic, don't tell the pope, i'll be holy watered
that suck a lot. bad luck. dont buy blemishes. they suck. like your guitar. it was a standard wasnt it? you should have saved for a not-blemish item.

did you buy from musiciansfriend or guitarcenter? i've heard their setups on blemishes and some "normal price" models suck balls, and its better to buy a guitar from samash for the care of the product.

buyt that sucks
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI
Yup samash and sweetwater are the places to buy from. And at sweetwater, you can even see some pictures of the exact guitar you are buying.
Gear:
1965 Fender Mustang not a RI
Squier Vintage Modified Jazz Bass

Peavey Classic 50

I bought it from Music123. Blemished should mean some minor cosmetic issues, not broken saddles and truss rod. This guitar was a joke. Call this a learning experience.
Quote by e32lover
fuk buyin second hand musical instruments

FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
Second hand, used, damaged, and refurbished are all different than "new blemished". To me that means: new with some cosmetic issues. I just thought that I could trust that company. I've had several other orders with no problems at all. I guess I'll reserve judgement until I see how they resolve this.
I would of sent it back after seeing the saddles were broken... They can't sell you a guitar that is not playable. Sorry dude, but that was totally brought on yourself.
Yup... You should have never brought the guitar to your local shop. You should have opened the box when it was delivered to inspect it. Then refused it when you saw the saddles broken. They have to refund you your money.
I bought an expensive synth for $500 off, from zzounds.com, that they advertised as a, "warehouse repack," which is their words for a customer return (which are often like brand new, at least for synths). When I received it, it was obviously a factory blemish. It had a huge gash in the aluminum frame, that couldn't have been made other than in the factory (and was simply overlooked).

I wrote them an e-mail telling them that they advertised it as a "repack" when it was, in fact, really a blemish (which I wouldn't have ordered). They immediately sent me a pre-paid return UPS sticker. A week later, they credited every penny back to my card, including the express shipping I had paid extra for, when they initially shipped the product to me.

Explain your experience clearly, in detail, and politely. If the company is good (zzounds, Sweetwater, etc.), they'll usually make good on a decent sob story.
American HM Strat | LP Studio
Soldano Avenger w/DeYoung OT | Mark IV rackmount | DC-3 rackmount | Single-Recto

Last edited by LEVEL4 at Oct 21, 2007,