There aren't really any good lessons on country here. So I've got some questions about how to play it. I know it is very similar to blues, and it is predominately played in the major pentatonic. That's all I know though. any help?
Although it's predominantly a Bluegrass thing, it wouldn't be a bad idea to pick up "flat picking"

Here's a decent video of it.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=zrhFexa2M6o
Quote by arowana1027
My wife plays my guitars fine, but my girlfriend has smaller hands, and she wants to learn how to play.
Quote by teachmyself
Although it's predominantly a Bluegrass thing, it wouldn't be a bad idea to pick up "flat picking"

Here's a decent video of it.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=zrhFexa2M6o

Basically just down picking right? I can't see any difference. Also, any good chord progressions? Like I-V-IV, etc.
I guess so...but you pick the bass note before you strum the rest of the chord, and usually this bass note alternates, for example. If you were flatpick a g chord you would play something like this:

|-----3-----3----3--
|-----0-----0----0--
|-----0-----0----0--
|-----0-----0----0--
|-----2---2------2--
|---3----------3----

etc.
Quote by arowana1027
My wife plays my guitars fine, but my girlfriend has smaller hands, and she wants to learn how to play.
ive played some country with my friends family before and a lot of it seems to be the basic C, F, and G progressions. they usually just ad a capo for other keys. but it seems pretty close to blues but it has the alternating bass lines like someone said. but thats like older country. im not sure what new country is like. and yea the major scale is usually all you need unless its obviously a minor progression.
for the alternating base-line thing check out blues eye crying in the rain... or somethin like that.

I don't really like country, but that's the first thing that popped into my head when teachmyself said that
I agree with all the above posts as far as theory goes...just one opinion

New country = crap

Old country = the best country you will see in this lifetime...and possibly the next

New country is just pop with an acoustic oh and dont forget the electric mandolin (sp?)
Axe:
Ibanez AWD83T-TRD

Join the Anti-Nihilist Association of Life Seekers (ANALS)
If you are so unfortunate to think that life is meaningless, maybe you should end yours