I've been thinking about getting a tattoo in my future, and I'm wondering, do any of you guys have tattoos? Maybe just a loved one's name on your upper arm? Maybe complete sleeves on both arms? Whatever it is, I'd just like to know if you think getting a tattoo is worth it, and if there are any "benefits" to getting one ?
I think tattoos are only worth getting if they have a really good meaning that will last you the rest of your life

or if they look completly badass
It's up to the person getting the tattoo to decide if it's "worth it" or not. I don't have any tats but if I were to get one I would be damn sure to pick one that really means something and I won't hate later on.
It's worth it if it's somthing you really want.

Parsonally, I have 1 tattoo, and it's somthing with deep personal meaning.

On the other hand, I have a few friends who have tattoos because they're "totally badass" and don't mean anything other then an indication of who they were at the time.

In short, totally up to you. I <3 my tat
Basically, a tattoo is worth it if you stick with an idea for a while and don't have any second thoughts. It's a bad move to just go in and "pick one off the wall," because you will regret it later.
ESP Custom Shop 40th Anniversary Eclipse
ESP Standard Eclipse-II
Ibanez AF85VLS
why would you want one?
Looks to me like people who want tattoos and piercings are just attention *****s.
But to each his own.
Getting a tattoo of a girlfriends name, not worth it. Getting a tattoo of a penis or something cuz you think it's funny, not worth it. Make sure it's something you want the rest of your life
isnt there already a thread o this??
Edit: anyway i wouldnt get one but its ur choice
GOODBYE BLUE SKY
Last edited by M.O.P at Oct 21, 2007,
Quote by joelfaessler
Getting a tattoo of a girlfriends name, not worth it. Getting a tattoo of a penis or something cuz you think it's funny, not worth it. Make sure it's something you want the rest of your life

+1.

I just got my first tattoo a couple of days ago.

Quote by Garou1911
It's worth it if it's somthing you really want.

Exactly.
i look down at my hands,
like they were mirrors.
I'm not a tattoo kind of guy, but if I did get one, it would probably be an inverted cross on my shoulder where Christian hXc d00dz usually get their fancy little crusifix inked on.
I'm the type of nigga that's built to last
If you fuck with me, I'll put my foot in your ass
See, I don't give a fuck cause I keep bailin
Yo, what the fuck are they yellin?!

GANGSTA, GANGSTA
yeah, its personal choice, do you think its worth it? if yes then it would be if no then it wouldnt
i think if the tattoo represents something close to you then its fine but not these people who get tattoos cause they want to be awesome, and make sure u get one where it isnt too visible cause some jobs dont want to see tattoos thats y i got mine on my upper arm so it can be covered by sleeves. u can check my tat out in my profile if ya wunt. peace out
XBLive Gamertag: ecdeluxe1000 send me friend requests (make sure u put UG in the message somewhere)
I'm getting a tatoo of Bowser on a surf board wailin' on a double-neck with notes coming out of it, on a pot leaf on top of a cross, and on the top it says Let's party!
Quote by SeniorCrepe
I think tattoos are only worth getting if they have a really good meaning that will last you the rest of your life

True. I have 1 tattoo (pic in my profile). Yeah, it's a Tool tattoo... they've been my fave band for over 10 years though, but the tat means more to me than just being about the band. I plan on getting more, but maybe one every few years, so that the tats I have tell a story about my beliefs and what was important to me at different times in my life, not just have them all from my 20's.

A guy at my uni who's about 55 or 60 has 2 tattoos, one on each shoulder that look like he's had them for 40 years. I asked if he regrets getting them, and he said no, cos they still have meaning to him.

Tribal ones can be cool, but I don't like ones out of a book. I'd rather talk to someone who knows about the design process and design one that tells a story that fits your life.

Quote by SeniorCrepe
or if they look completly badass

But remember that what looks bad ass now, like a full sleeve of shamrocks and nautical stars might just look stupid when you're 50... or when you're 70 and have wrinkly saggy skin... although a 70 year old with badass tattoos would be pretty cool. It'd give hints to what they were like when they were younger.

Actually, I think any sort of a sleeve that has nautical stars and what not in it looks silly. Just my opinion.
What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet? I'll answer for you. NONE OF YOUR FUCKING BUSINESS.
- Bill Hicks
Quote by RandyVanHendrix
I'm getting a tatoo of Bowser on a surf board wailin' on a double-neck with notes coming out of it, on a pot leaf on top of a cross, and on the top it says Let's party!

*yoink*

best idea i've heard in a long time.
Hey Meg.
Proud of you.
Well if you break up with your missus you're gonna have to have her name on you for the rest of your life, personally I would get a family members name on my arm or a favourite band, but like all of these people say ... its up to you.
My Gear:
ESP LTD EC-1000 SW
ESP LTD EC 500 STBC
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Dean Razorback Two Tone
Ibanez 7 string
Randall RH150G3 Head and Cab
http://modblog.bmezine.com/wp-content/uploads/200610201339-pix1.jpg

Getting a boyfriend/girlfriend's name tattooed on you is sure to jinx the relationship. Then the cheesegrater will become your friend - to remove the tattoo... better not get it anywhere sensitive!
What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet? I'll answer for you. NONE OF YOUR FUCKING BUSINESS.
- Bill Hicks
I agree with what most people have said here... You really need to think long and hard about what you're going to get, and where... If it's a spur of the moment thing, you're probably going to spend the rest of your life trying to convince yourself that you don't regret it... If it's something that has a deeper meaning, or tells a story that you can explain to your kids, grandkids, etc etc... then go for it...

On my upper left arm, I have a family motto, which has kept my cousins and I in contact over some very rough times, so I consider it a fairly powerful symbol to have on my arm. All my cousins put it on their arms too, so it keeps us all together, regardless of how far apart we are. ( I know, that sounds cliche, but its true)

Just my 2c on the topic.
Influences:

Slash - Guns N Roses, Velvet Revolver, Slash's Snakepit
Zakk Wylde - Black Label Society, Pride and Glory
Dire Straits
Metallica
Bush
My main reason for not getting a tattoo is regretting it later.

If you do want to get a tattoo stay away from names.
:stickpoke
Think hard before you do it.
I personally, would get a tattoo only if it had a deep meaning.
I would never get something that looks 'badass' and 'cool' knowing that in a few years I'm goona regret it because I'll grow up and things will change.
So you really should sit and think if its deep and meanful enough.
My brother got a few tats. One time he went there and asked for the japanese symbol of peace and they gave him hate by accident.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
Don't get a gf/bf's name.

You'll split up like a week later.
Quote by imdeth
This man deserves my +1

+1

Quote by denizenz
Go in peace my son, and teach to the pit dwellers what I have shown unto you.

ಠ_ಠ

XBL: huffy409
imo tattoos are only worth it if a)its meaningful to you b)its something you can actually live with for the rest of your life.....that takes time to figure out
just so i dont have to edit every post i make, let me clarify something I CANT TYPE WELL....thanks
All i can say is don't do anything that you may regret for.
What the fuck is wrong with me?

OH YE, THE FLYING FUCKS BAND!
When you will get tatoo of your blood type it can save your life. Or you can tatooed a naked lady on the inner side of your forearm, so you will able to wack off anytime, anyplace.
"That was it, a nick. Now happily paid for. [...] It was decided that it was so far away in time and influence that...well, you only get caught when you're successful. That's the game". Robert Plant
Too many people get tattoos for the wrong reasons these days... i knew someone who got tattoos of stars all down his arm, so his friend, wanting to out do him, got more stars down his arm...
Quote by Monolith295
Tobysaurus is one sexy man.

Quote by Kensai
I think I love you Tobysaurus!

Quote by CFH82
God damn, you've given me a boner Toby!