Gday,

I have been playing the guitar for bout 4 years on an epihpone SG, and a cheap strat, and am looking to upgrade.

I had a look at the S320 Ibanez and the RG1570, thye both felt pretty good, whats the difference between them? I take it the 1570 is a bit more expensive, but why, and is it worth it?

Thanks
RG series in general is pretty crappy. The S guitars have a much more comfortable body shape/size and better trems. The only reason that RG is more expensive is the pickups.
ESP Custom Shop 40th Anniversary Eclipse
ESP Standard Eclipse-II
Ibanez AF85VLS
Quote by OThugSd
RG series in general is pretty crappy. The S guitars have a much more comfortable body shape/size and better trems. The only reason that RG is more expensive is the pickups.
WTF...

The RG in this case is way better,

Prestige>non Prestige
To each his own; personally I like the contoured feel of the RG over the curvy S feel.
Ibanez RG350DX
DiMarzio D-Sonic
Peavey ValveKing 112 Combo
BOSS Distortion DS-1
Dunlop Original Crybaby GCB-95
Dunlop Tortex .88mm
Quote by OThugSd

These are two absalutly different guitars.

Body shape.
Wood.
Weight.
Looks.
Sound.
Feel.
Amount of frets.
Bridges.

The only thing about them that is the same is the neck profile, headstock and stock pickups.
Purple string dampener scrunchy.
The RG:                      The S:

- Prestige             - non-Prestige
- 24 frets             - 22 frets
- basswood             - mahogany
- Edge Pro             - ZR
- made in Japan        - made in Korea
- dot inlays           - no inlays, except at the 12th fret
- 5 pc. neck           - 3 pc. neck
- V7, S1, V8 pickups   - inf. pickups (HH)

Those are some of the basic differences. Other small details include the angled input on the S, the fact the RG comes in different colours and the obvious difference in width.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Quote by OThugSd

The reason that the rg is more expensive is because its a prestige model made in Japan. The s is made in korea, which is not bad but the RG will have higher quality. The Edge pro trem is equal to if not better than the ZR. The rgs pickups are not the reason it is more expensive "none of those pickups are great" . It is the overall craftmanship of the guitar. Not to mention it comes with a nice hardshell case. =D
Quote by e32lover
Gday,

I have been playing the guitar for bout 4 years on an epihpone SG, and a cheap strat, and am looking to upgrade.

I had a look at the S320 Ibanez and the RG1570, thye both felt pretty good, whats the difference between them? I take it the 1570 is a bit more expensive, but why, and is it worth it?

Thanks

S: 22 frets, Zero-resistence (spring-based) trem system. Two H-H Ibanez pups. Mahogany with Quilted top. 3 pc Wizard-II neck. Made in Korea.

RG: 24 frets, good tremolo system (Edge Pro II), H-S-H config (Ibanez pickups), Basswood, 5 pc Wizard neck (even thinner than the 3 pc). Made in Japan.
Quote by Fast_Fingers
S: 22 frets, Zero-resistence (spring-based) trem system. Two H-H Ibanez pups. Mahogany with Quilted top. 3 pc Wizard-II neck. Made in Korea.

RG: 24 frets, good tremolo system (Edge Pro II), H-S-H config (Ibanez pickups), Basswood, 5 pc Wizard neck (even thinner than the 3 pc). Made in Japan.

The RG1570's bridge is an Edge Pro, not Edge Pro II
Quote by Fast_Fingers

The RG1570 has an Edge Pro, not an Edge Pro II

The fact that the ZR has sorings isn't that special, given that all trems have them implemented in their design somewhere.

The S320 doesn't have a quilted maple top, it has a weathered black finish.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Quote by OThugSd

Wow, you're a complete spaz!

TS, the S series have a thin, mahogany body, 22 fret neck and the ZR tremolo. They're also all made in Korea, even the Prestiges.

The RG's have a more traditional, heftier superstrat-style body, usually basswood. They also have 24 fret necks and a more traditional floyd-type trem. The cheap ones have the awful Edge 3, the Prestiges have the excellent Edge Pro. Cheap RG's are made in Korea, Prestiges are made in Japan.

Quote by FRDesign
I am so making an RG350 Club on UG.

I think it may turn out to be quite a lonely club...
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com