Okay so I came across two of these used and the review i've read seem very good, i'm gonna go down to try one out later.

It's an Ampeg, 60s Gemini II, Blue Diamond with a 15" Jensen and an
Ampeg '68 Gemini V, Black with a 15" Jensen Concert

I've seen this mentioned on the forum before and would like to know how it compares to other tube amps for the classic rock sounds.
Is it on the same level as the Vox AC30 custom classics? Or the Fender tube amps like the Blues and Hot Rods?
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
Quote by zeppelinpage4
Is it on the same level as the Vox AC30 custom classics? Or the Fender tube amps like the Blues and Hot Rods?

This is very subjective. i wouldn't put it on the same level as the AC30, but I'd probably like it better than the Fenders you list.

The Gemini II is a clean amp. And at 30W, it's gonna take a good amount of volume to push it into overdrive. It's probably more comparable to the Fender Deluxe Reverb and the Peavey Delta Blues (with it's 15" speaker). <~ two amps I like a lot. Maybe a little darker voice than either, but nice. Same great tremolo and reverb.

The Jensen is an upgrade, so that's a plus. It'll be all hand-wired, and thus easy to work on. So much nicer than the PCB's of today. I'd love one.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Cool thanks Slats, i'll try to go down and play one of these.

edit: Being an old amp, am I likely to have a lot of reliability problems?
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
Last edited by zeppelinpage4 at Oct 21, 2007,
An amp that's survived 40 years and is still going is probably a lot more reliable than a lot of amps being produced today. It's likely that you'd want to have it serviced, and maybe have some caps replaced, but overall those Ampegs are tanks. Once you identify and swap out any worn components, you'll be good for another 40 years.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.