Every so often I hear people state that there is a difference in quality from a each guitar. I had just recently received my first electric guitar a few months ago (a very affordably Dean ), before that, it was just acoustics, and so I don't really know much of electric guitar quality. So my question is if there is actually a difference between brands, and if so, does it really make that much a difference in quality to add a few more dollars for a pricier guitar.
the love in the guitar counts!! actually, better craftmanship does make a big difference. but yeah, there is a huge difference between brands. mostly because most companies have different features (general term) on their guitars. this can be **** like type of good, the quality of that wood for an instrument, type of neck joint, pickups, body shape, bridge type, etc.

when you start growing an ear for tone (comes out the right ass cheek, get some padded pants man) youll begin to realize that the differences between a fender strat and a good dean (a setneck ML lets say, not necesarilly a dime model) range farther than the way they feel

edit: oh and i friggin love deans, if you were expecting people to say something by the thingy
1. Don't type in yellow, it's hard to read
Asshole...
2. YES. YES. YES. YES. Deans are considered okay by most people, but there is absolutely a difference between guitar brands. And effect brands. And amp brands. and string brands. And pickup brands. And basically anything to do with guitar, there is a difference.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
Quote by sobeisbull
the love in the guitar counts!! actually, better craftmanship does make a big difference. but yeah, there is a huge difference between brands. mostly because most companies have different features (general term) on their guitars. this can be **** like type of good, the quality of that wood for an instrument, type of neck joint, pickups, body shape, bridge type, etc.

when you start growing an ear for tone (comes out the right ass cheek, get some padded pants man) youll begin to realize that the differences between a fender strat and a good dean (a setneck ML lets say, not necesarilly a dime model) range farther than the way they feel

i concur. i can't play schecters because of the way they feel, but their tone's right on.

i'll add the type of wood, weight distribution, fretboard wood, and pot resistance to the factors.
gear?
coming soon... parker fly mojo flame
ibanezes: rg350dx frankenstein * rg7620 7-string
fenders: telecaster plus * stratocaster plus

line 6: pod xt live * ax2 212
other: laney vh100r * mesa dual rectifier * monster cables
Quote by DougC84
i concur. i can't play schecters because of the way they feel, but their tone's right on.

i'll add the type of wood, weight distribution, fretboard wood, and pot resistance to the factors.

im kindof against schecter because a lot of people play them, but they are surprisingly great guitars. and yeah pot impedance does seem to make a huge difference. i had a strat copy that had 500k pots that sounded like **** in a can, i switched it out with 250k like they should and it sounds ****ing FANTASTIC. testimonials to be adressed to my ass, inc.
Compare a Squier to a Fender and you'll notice the difference. Often it does matter because if you're with a crap guitar, it's more difficult to make it sound nice.
Quote by sobeisbull

edit: oh and i friggin love deans, if you were expecting people to say something by the thingy

I was expecting people think I have a 100-140$ guitar, because I've seen some of the prices on Gibsons and they're way more expensive than my Dean. Any brands and models you'd recommend I should purchase to get that clean crisp sound.
Quote by Explicit X
I was expecting people think I have a 100-140$ guitar, because I've seen some of the prices on Gibsons and they're way more expensive than my Dean. Any brands and models you'd recommend I should purchase to get that clean crisp sound.

It also depends on the amp you currently have. So what do you have at the moment?