I'm looking for some songs which have interesting rhythm parts for an acoustic. This includes interesting chord voicings (i.e. most of john mayer's rhythm work), funky rhythm patterns, etc. Basically the acoustic songs I know tend to gravitate around the basic open chords, and the majority of the songs my teacher gave me are simple box pattern jazz songs. I'm looking to move out of this box and get better at chord changes with interesting fingerings etc

suggestions welcoem
Quote by sre9981
I'm looking for some songs which have interesting rhythm parts for an acoustic. This includes interesting chord voicings (i.e. i.e most of john mayers rhythm work ), funky rhythm patterns, etc. Basically the acoustic songs I know tend to gravitate around the basic open chords, and the majority of the songs my teacher gave me are simple box pattern jazz songs. I'm looking to move out of this box and get better at chord changes with interesting fingerings etc

suggestions welcoem

i think you answered your own question
EDIT: always move fast - lydia. weird ass chords.
Last edited by fretsonfire74 at Oct 21, 2007,
A lot of coldplay songs (which can be played on acoustic) feature strange chord inversions or similar. even though most of the chords are based on simple open chords (eg. Am, F, C) some are still tricky to play, and you will hopefully have fun playing them.
if you have a capo, its not too rythemy but i like campfire kansas by the get up kids
Quote by Connor6c
I sucked on my mom's nipples
Creep Acoustic by Radiohead. Cool chords and crazy strumming patterns.
Quote by acjshapiro

Quote by Vrstone87

meh, I've listened to every radiohead album and honestly don't get what everyone loves about them.....

cause you're ****ing stupid