Alright, I'm in the market for a gun. Something simple, small, yet relatively powerful. A pistol of some sorts, nothing huge and obvious.

Got any suggestions? I don't have any funds at the moment, because I wanna know how much I'm spending first.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
I know just the ticket.
and heaps cheap too.
1.Get your hand
2.make a thumbs up
3.extend index finger
4. blow scum away
5. ????
6. Profits
Oh dear god, I dont feel alive.
I have a new blog, of the interesting type.

In so far i have seen,

1. The Darkness
2. Wolfmother
3. The Grates
4. Faker
5. Kings of Leon
6. Coheed and Cambria
7. Architecture in Helsinki

and counting.
have you ever seen what a .44 magnum will do to a woman's pussy?

i don't know, i'm not an expert or anything. but .38 snubnose is small from what i've seen. not sure about power, i've never shot a gun. but meh.
#DTWD
You is teh murdererz? Me iz report you to polize stationz.
Dean From Hell
Jackson USA King V
Randall RG-50 TC All Tube Combo
Quote by jimmmypage#1
I know just the ticket.
and heaps cheap too.
1.Get your hand
2.make a thumbs up
3.extend index finger
4. blow scum away
5. ????
6. Profits

FAIL.

Extend the index and middle finger.
I was thinking a Glock 22, but then I heard those are like $1600. :/ Or maybe a S&W .45 ACP Chief's Special, but I have no idea how much any of them are.
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Quote by _Mayday_
FAIL.

I always thought that meant it was a double-barreled gun
how about

Glock 9mm????

or

....MG42

No, even better, get a walkie-talkie, and a friend who can fly planes, some how get a big bomber....problem solved

...Nukes?
:stickpoke
Haha, Index and Middle is for when your going Taxi Driver rampage styles.
Oh dear god, I dont feel alive.
I have a new blog, of the interesting type.

In so far i have seen,

1. The Darkness
2. Wolfmother
3. The Grates
4. Faker
5. Kings of Leon
6. Coheed and Cambria
7. Architecture in Helsinki

and counting.
Quote by Exsuratientoel
Why do you need a gun? Is it for UG'ers?

Just for protection purposes.
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Quote by Pingis_Or_Death
I always thought that meant it was a double-barreled gun

No, it's only a double barrel gun if you do the same with your other hand, place them together and wrap the other two fingers around each other.

Putting the middle finger up means the index becomes a laser sight, and you get a longer barrel with your middle finger.

Yeah, I wrote the book on hand-guns.
Why does power matter to you? If I was buying a gun, I wouldn't want one that would definitely kill if it hit somebody.
Quote by GlamSpam

I developed a thought experiment to explain why you can't remember anything before you were born:
a simple small handgun would be a 9mm pistol, bout as basic as it gets, not sure of the price tho. and note to TS ur gonna get alot of hippie democrat bullsh*t from this thread.
XBLive Gamertag: ecdeluxe1000 send me friend requests (make sure u put UG in the message somewhere)
Quote by malmsteenkid
a simple small handgun would be a 9mm pistol, bout as basic as it gets, not sure of the price tho. and note to TS ur gonna get alot of hippie democrat bullsh*t from this thread.

A 9mm is like $800 though in Canada. It's hard to get anything lower a lot of the time. I'm gonna be spending some serious cash.
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Quote by suffer some
Why does power matter to you? If I was buying a gun, I wouldn't want one that would definitely kill if it hit somebody.

all guns kill if u hit the spot and since crowd control weapons arent sold to regular consumers (which are also known as less lethal weapons) there is either knives which can kill or guns which can kill or pepper spray which can also kill if used improperly, so unless u think u can keep a burglar out of ur house with a BB gun then go for it
XBLive Gamertag: ecdeluxe1000 send me friend requests (make sure u put UG in the message somewhere)
Quote by suffer some

I don't want to kill anyone. If it does come to a time where I do need to use it, I'll just... Make an example of what might happen by blowing a hole in some inanimate object.
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

As some people have mentioned, a better question is probably: why do you need a gun? or, do you really need a gun?
Last edited by shigidab0p at Oct 21, 2007,
A .45 ACP is a good choice, as is the .38 special. 9mm might be good. BUT if you want the most bang for your buck, the have these .50 cal handguns with a 5 inch barrel, and overall its about 6.75 inches.
Sig space for rent.
$100 obo
Message for negotiaton.
Quote by Colgate Total
A 9mm is like $800 though in Canada. It's hard to get anything lower a lot of the time. I'm gonna be spending some serious cash.

wow i didnt realize the price of guns in Canada, if u check google for canadian gun dealers, there are guns that are actually very small (called concealable weapons) not much bigger than say an ipod in length, but as far as prices im not sure what u would be looking at. would u happen to have any relatives who have extra guns that u can buy one off of them for cheaper?
44 magnum....they aint what most people think. Its not gonna kill a elephant or blow over a truck. Good for self defense really.

9mm glock. pretty weak. But nice and light weight.

Also the Ruger Single Six pistol is veeery nice and go's for around $380

I would pick the Ruger if i was you. A ruger mark 1
Quote by Colgate Total
Just for protection purposes.

are we likely to see you on the news soon?
I started a new wave in music - it's called n00bism...
Oh wait, Curt did it before me
=================
Kramer pacer
Screamin' deamon (neck)
Live-wire metal (bridge, 18v)
Finaly knobs that go to 11
=================
Quote by malmsteenkid
wow i didnt realize the price of guns in Canada, if u check google for canadian gun dealers, there are guns that are actually very small (called concealable weapons) not much bigger than say an ipod in length, but as far as prices im not sure what u would be looking at. would u happen to have any relatives who have extra guns that u can buy one off of them for cheaper?

My brother, and my friend Laine.

Pistols are illegal here though, since 1996 Firearms Act.
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Quote by Colgate Total
My brother, and my friend Laine.

Pistols are illegal here though, since 1996 Firearms Act.

wow didnt know bout the handgun act either lol, well im not as big of an "expert" when it comes to shotguns and the like, but i mean typical shotguns would be at 22, if ur fast enough and confident enough u could get a musket loader lol, umm if u wunt to blow up some aircraft u could get a .375 magnum, but mostly i hunt with either a bow, crossbow, or a handgun. hey there ya go wut about a crossbow they are less lethal than a gun and would stop anyone if u shot em thru the leg guaranteed.
Quote by Colgate Total
I'd rather have a pistol... A shotty would be a bit... Obvious.

i may be a bit confused to the situation. you want a pistol, but pistols are illegal in canada correct?
Correct, but does it matter? There are thousand of people in Canada, tens of thousands of people with illegal guns. What's one more gonna do?
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

ok just making sure i understood correctly, im not judging ur morals here lol dont worry i dont give a sh*t wut ya do lol. umm then as shifty66 said a ruger, 9mm or even a 44 magnum would be useful then, i dont think ull find a better handgun thats in a cheaper price range.
I really like Smith & Wesson.

How does the Sigma SW9VE sound?

SPECIFICATIONS
Sigma SW9VE
MANUFACTURER: www.smith-wesson.com
CALIBERS: 9mm Luger or .40 S&W
BARREL LENGTH: 4 inches
OVERALL LENGTH: 7 1/4 inches
WEIGHT: 25 ounces (unloaded)
CAPACITY: 10+1 or 16+1
GRIPS: Integrated into the frame, checkered
FINISH: Polymer frame, stainless steel slide and barrel
SIGHTS: Fixed rear, front ramp
PRICE: $427
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Springfield Armory XD series is a good choice. They've got several models in 9mm, .40S&W and .45ACP. They are reliable, accurate and won't break the bank. Not to mention they are easy to break down and clean and have many after market accessories readily available. Definitely worth looking into.

Founder of UGPSA: Ultimate-Guitar's Pot Smokers Association. PM me to join.
Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
ak guitarist doesn't dress in the morning. he kills throughout the day and attires himself appropriately

Quote by Colgate Total
I really like Smith & Wesson.

How does the Sigma SW9VE sound?

SPECIFICATIONS
Sigma SW9VE
MANUFACTURER: www.smith-wesson.com
CALIBERS: 9mm Luger or .40 S&W
BARREL LENGTH: 4 inches
OVERALL LENGTH: 7 1/4 inches
WEIGHT: 25 ounces (unloaded)
CAPACITY: 10+1 or 16+1
GRIPS: Integrated into the frame, checkered
FINISH: Polymer frame, stainless steel slide and barrel
SIGHTS: Fixed rear, front ramp
PRICE: $427

that actually sounds reall good for the price, and smith and wesson is a very good company for guns such as Fender to Guitars is = to Smith and Wesson to Guns
you should take a look at the makarov pistols... they're polish 9mm's I heard they are pretty cheap and very reliable.
Quote by _Mayday_
FAIL.

:hehe, justice is with you!

hmm id say a 9mm berretta 92 for the looks (no flamz plz)

but hey serious now, you seem to want more than 9mm , get yourself a .40S&W or for more power in a standard-sized frame, get a .45ACP.
i hear lots of good things about, and many designs come in this caliber, such as the glock, springfield XD or H&K USP.
just check 'em out!
Quote by EmeraldXecution
what the fuck does an auction
have to do with a drum battle?

god I wish I could post the pear here.....

Quote by roarinflames

btw youre avatar is great
couldnt help but laugh

Quote by bearded_monkey
I couldn't read that...I'm to mesmerized by your avatar...(in the gayest way possible)
Just being practical here, you don't need a huge calibre to kill someone, or even be imposing enough to protect yourself. Generally, if you point a gun at someone, they're going to atleast listen to you.

So, to all these people suggesting .45s and .50s, it's really not necessary.

Find a good 9mm that handles easily and is comfortable, because chances are it'll be cheaper than a larger calibre weapon, and if it does the job, you're all set.
or a classic good looking M1911. but prices are high, i think.
i think the Hi-Point .45 ACP is very cheap relatively like all high-point firearms, but you won't be respected in the gun forums....
Quote by EmeraldXecution
what the fuck does an auction
have to do with a drum battle?

god I wish I could post the pear here.....

Quote by roarinflames

btw youre avatar is great
couldnt help but laugh

Quote by bearded_monkey
I couldn't read that...I'm to mesmerized by your avatar...(in the gayest way possible)