ok heres the dilemma every time i go to a gig i go well nuts (not a hardcore dancer they can die) headbanging nd jumping nd whatnot but it seems im doing muscle damage to my neck every single time i mean it sux for like 3 days after then id go do it again but is there a way to lower the damage i do to myself i will never stop headbanging if there isnt ne real way and if there is i still wont. is there any way to say stretch the muscles befor a gig to lower the pain factor after.
I am me. Live with it.
You should always warm up before you bang your head.
------------------
Just don't do it if it hurts you...

You don't have to headbang to show your appreciation for the music. lol
That's what you get for headbanging. I pulled a muscle in my neck at Metallica back in July, it still hurts.
well stretching before you go, i know it sounds stupid, but stertching avoids injuries. and i dont think that its an injury, i think its like when youve worked out hard and your muscles hurt. am i right? because my neck is liek that sometimes.
you can seriously fukk yourself up with headbanging, that guy from Evanescence had a stroke and lost is ability to play guitar because of a blood clot in his neck that came from headbanging. Or Jonathan Davis from Korn, or the guy from Slipknot, or Jason Newstedt, all have problems because of headbanging too much. I know it's fun, but don't overdo it.
I use to ram my head into the bus at school and then I got hurt bad and quit
Quote by SkyValley
Kids keep having sex younger and younger these days. Eventually kids will be born without their virginity and their first words will be "bow chicka bow wow."
Are you doing like insanely hard and fast headbanging because just today, technically yesterday, I was at ozzy and rob zombie (bragging :P) and I was headbanging but I was just kinda doing it like quarter notes and not that hard actually the headbanging felt good.
Quote by Dobzilla

can't help it man i lose control
Hahahaha I'm suffering from that today. Misery Signals FTW

festival of the dead lol daysend n switchblade kicked my ass

and about my punctuation it's Sunday night and I'm not thinking particularly clearly

looks like stretching is the go and some moderation ... maybe
have a good one guys
I am me. Live with it.
dancing to misery signals is completely reasonable, hell they write most of their songs to be danced to

and you could two-step to some thrash...
Quote by Dobzilla

I tried to read this but it just came in strange characters,...
Catch me,
heal me,
Lift me back up to the Sun
I choose to live
Quote by treflip
That's what you get for headbanging. I pulled a muscle in my neck at Metallica back in July, it still hurts.

I went to the same gig. i couldn't look up for a week
Yeah, now you're gonna die wearing that stupid little hat. How does it feel?

Help me to live.

I make custom guitar wiring harnesses and I'm pretty damn good at it!
Quote by treflip

Woo wearing the t-shirt right now !

Back on subject stretch your neck before during and after the gig it will still hurt but not as much. Also, use your back to headbang dont keep flicking your head off your neck it fucking kills !
Quote by Slinov
i love you

I Watched Download 07 on the internet Because I'm A poor Bastard and I'm Damn Proud!
Quote by DeAd-RiP
ok heres the dilemma every time i go to a gig i go well nuts (not a hardcore dancer they can die) headbanging nd jumping nd whatnot but it seems im doing muscle damage to my neck every single time i mean it sux for like 3 days after then id go do it again but is there a way to lower the damage i do to myself i will never stop headbanging if there isnt ne real way and if there is i still wont. is there any way to say stretch the muscles befor a gig to lower the pain factor after.

Well for you, sir, I would recommend a chainsaw to the muscles in your neck. You won't feel a thing!
It happens to almost everyone. The only advice i can give is, try warming up a little before going in...otherwise just dont do it!
Quote by thera_x
dancing to misery signals is completely reasonable, hell they write most of their songs to be danced to

and you could two-step to some thrash...

Not saying you can't, just saying thrash isn't meant to be danced to
I think a proper warm up of proper spelling and punctuation is essential for the practice of headbanging; otherwise you really will be sorry when your head falls off.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Quote by Say Ocean
Not saying you can't, just saying thrash isn't meant to be danced to

It's really not, could you imagine somebody twostepping across a pit singing "come crawling faster/obey you rmaster!", swinging their feet around and windmilling? It really just doesn't work. Thrash dancing would be circle pits and just moshing/headbanging.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too