I'm all set on getting a Fender Strat (MIM) and VOX AD15VT but I'm also thinking of buying a pedal if I have a decent amount of spare money.

Are there any good pedals which creates a good sound which the AD15VT doesn't have possible?

I'm looking to play some improv for blues and maybe some classic rock. What are some good settings on the amp or pedal suggestions which can help create that happen?
open a thread after you get ur setup. none of "plans" work on these forums. what if somebody recommends u a overdrive pedal? and u get the amp, and u realize how useless it is with a modeler. u want to return it, but u can't get full refund. result... u lose bout 25% re-stocking fee.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Agreed - get the amp and guitar and use them for a while until you find out what it is you're missing (or maybe you'll find you're perfectly happy with the guitar and valvetronix).
Quote by ECistheBest
open a thread after you get ur setup. none of "plans" work on these forums. what if somebody recommends u a overdrive pedal? and u get the amp, and u realize how useless it is with a modeler. u want to return it, but u can't get full refund. result... u lose bout 25% re-stocking fee.

amen!
I started a new wave in music - it's called n00bism...
Oh wait, Curt did it before me
=================
Kramer pacer
Screamin' deamon (neck)
Live-wire metal (bridge, 18v)
Finaly knobs that go to 11
=================
I reccomend a compressor...

To be honest....
Flap it and enjoy yourself...

Xbox Live GT = The Donkey Fly
'...and those who fought on that day of honor, the day of victory shall be forever remembered as Lime Green' - Oct 31st 08
Well basically I'd like anyone with the same setup or similar setup to suggest a pedal which makes up for something a sound the amp lacks. I know it's shooting arrows into the dark, but a rough guide would help me identify the amount of extra money I might need in the following weeks of purchase.
A new pedal won't make up for the sound the amp lacks. This is a generic response, but you'd be better off saving for a decent tube amp.
Quote by Don_Humpador
A new pedal won't make up for the sound the amp lacks. This is a generic response, but you'd be better off saving for a decent tube amp.

Ah ok. I'm more geared to getting a new amp after this purchase than a new guitar. Have you got any suggestions which aren't over the top?
Quote by AussieVesti
Ah ok. I'm more geared to getting a new amp after this purchase than a new guitar. Have you got any suggestions which aren't over the top?

For amp you mean?

Well I'll assume your budget isn't huge, so, things like Peavey Classic 30, Blues Junior and Laney VC15 all spring to mind.
Quote by Don_Humpador
For amp you mean?

Well I'll assume your budget isn't huge, so, things like Peavey Classic 30, Blues Junior and Laney VC15 all spring to mind.

I'll lay down my situation. I'm not a serious guitar player, there is possibility a band will form but I'll most likely do vocals. I'm deadset on getting a VOX AD15VT if it sound good with the Fender Strat. I'm wondering what would be a good amp to get after those two purchases.
You have absolultely no need of pedals if you're a non-serious player with a modelling amp - that thing will have more sounds than you'll ever need. Most guitarists tend to have just one basic sound that they tweak...you'll be perfectly fine with the VOox.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by AussieVesti
I'll lay down my situation. I'm not a serious guitar player, there is possibility a band will form but I'll most likely do vocals. I'm deadset on getting a VOX AD15VT if it sound good with the Fender Strat. I'm wondering what would be a good amp to get after those two purchases.

I strongly suggest you upgrade to at least the AD30VT. The 15 will not hold up in a jamming situation, but the 30 will (with reasonable bandmates). The 30 also has an attenuator installed enabling you to get better tones at lower volumes than the 15 is capable of. Well worth the extra money, IMHO. When you do upgrade, the 30 can serve as a reliable backup. The 15 will never be much more than a bedroom amp.

The reason for buying amps like these is the fact that you don't need pedals with them. They have a ton of effects and models built in. These make great first amps, because you can play with a variety of sounds, and have a better idea of what amp and pedals you'll want when it's time to upgrade.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Well the thing is, I probably won't be jamming with it. It is more a bedroom practice type of thing. Depending on how much money I have at the end of the year, I might possibly upgrade to 30W.
You say you may be singing with a band. Certainly there's a possibility that you'll want to play guitar on a few songs, too, right? I mean, even Mick Jagger and Freddie Mercury picked up a guitar once in a while. As you progress on guitar, your desire to play will increase.

My personal feeling is that the 15 is a waste. I'd either go for the 30 with it's ability to keep up with a band, or I'd go with the battery powered DA5 just for the fun and portability of it.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Quote by slatsmania
You say you may be singing with a band. Certainly there's a possibility that you'll want to play guitar on a few songs, too, right? I mean, even Mick Jagger and Freddie Mercury picked up a guitar once in a while. As you progress on guitar, your desire to play will increase.

My personal feeling is that the 15 is a waste. I'd either go for the 30 with it's ability to keep up with a band, or I'd go with the battery powered DA5 just for the fun and portability of it.

Well the chances of that happening are very slim. Most likely a 0.5% of happening. We kind of the ditched the idea because the drummer wasn't bothered to have us over to practice. As I said, I'll consider the 30, depending on how much money I have.