In chritmas im gonna have a new guitar, my budget is 1200 euros more less. I was thinking to buy ESP LTD M 1000, but the thing is that i live in portugal so the nearest distributor is in italy so is extremely difficult for a shop in portugal to order the guitar, and if they order it can be months to arrive and they dont give any assistence. So im thinking of ordering from thomann.de wich is a very known and good music store, but is located in germany. Do you think im doing wrong ordering from germany?, cause the only problem is if the guitar arrives with something wrong!I've seen another brands of guitars (jacksons, Ibanez) but the LTD M 1000 is just perfect for me!
Ok we'll lay down the questions often asked to get a basis on further recommendations.

What type of music do you enjoy playing?
What amp do you currently have?
Ola, eu sou de portugal tb xD
e vdd k nau a muitos distribuidores ca em portugal, mas eu conheso alguns sites com uns preços "baratinhos"
http://www.musifex.pt/
http://www.adagio.pt/index_content.php (este e caro, mas tem muita coisa ^^)
http://www.lismusica.pt/index.php
http://www.thomann.de/thoiw10_index.html?sn=f4ae94422a5cb6e0eaa9619cf18790f6 (thomann.de tb deve distribuir para portugal, pk tem um site em portugues)
http://www.musicstore.de/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/WFS/MusicStore-MusicStoreShop-Site/en_EN/-/EUR/ViewApplication-DisplayWelcomePage2;pgid=TOZgSDcfhiUOZ000000000000000C4_Cr2uC;sid=EsY-e5AGp8g-e9cdOuDWBzjTxA3FdEbN6ck= (tb para portugal)

Sry for all the portuguese guys, its just that i find it easier ^^
Yeah, ESP is really hard to come by here in Portugal. Why is the M so perfect man? The Ibanez RG's and S's, and the Jacksons in the same price range are as good, or even better than the M. Is it because of the EMG's?
Weird Al = Awesome
Buckethead = Awesome
Ergo, Awesome = Buckethead = Weird Al
Quote by Hart_Attack
the logic... its. so. precise! you broke the code! hail Omni-Ragnarok for answering lifes biggest question, who is buckethead.
Quote by Omni-Ragnarok
Yeah, ESP is really hard to come by here in Portugal. Why is the M so perfect man? The Ibanez RG's and S's, and the Jacksons in the same price range are as good, or even better than the M. Is it because of the EMG's?

Adagio has come esp's, but theyr WAY overpriced, expecially the ltd ex400 wich goes up to 1000€...
Quote by Popsai
Adagio has come esp's, but theyr WAY overpriced, expecially the ltd ex400 wich goes up to 1000€...

Yeah, over at the Castanheira Somusica in Porto they have ESP's, but they're always imported cause there's almost no distributers here. And in Rockmusic they've got a george lynch signature model, but it's expensive as hell.

Back on topic: How bout one of theese http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Jackson-DKMG-Dinky?sku=512231

They're probably easier to come by and they're cheaper. Besides, I think the M series is just a copy of those Jacksons.

Edit: You can use the rest of the money on the budget to install a a Original Floyd Rose
Weird Al = Awesome
Buckethead = Awesome
Ergo, Awesome = Buckethead = Weird Al
Quote by Hart_Attack
the logic... its. so. precise! you broke the code! hail Omni-Ragnarok for answering lifes biggest question, who is buckethead.
Last edited by Omni-Ragnarok at Oct 21, 2007,
Quote by Omni-Ragnarok
Yeah, over at the Castanheira Somusica in Porto they have ESP's, but they're always imported cause there's almost no distributers here. And in Rockmusic they got a george lynch signature model, but it's expensive as hell.

Back on topic: How bout one of theese http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Jackson-DKMG-Dinky?sku=512231

They're probably easier to come by and they're cheaper. Besides, I think the M series is just a copy of those Jacksons.

Lol
musifex has plenty of jacksons, browse through theyr site maybe.
I play symphonic metal and i currently use a roland cube 60 as my amp, but im earning money so next year i can buy a peavey 6505 and a marshall cab w/ celestion speakers. I find the m 1000 so special cause of the finishes, and it has all the specifications i want the specifications i want and like. Obrigado meus amigos portugueses que passam pelo mesmo problema, eu conheço a maior parte das lojas que me indicaram e neste momento vou ver no porto e em lisboa, eu vivo mais no centro em coimbra. The main problem of ordering here in portugal is that some stores do stupid prices for the guitar! the main guitar price is 1100 euros more less, and here they want 1500, 1600 euros in some stores its ridiculous! and they take even months to get here! my main problem is that i never ordered from germany, the products from thomann.de and musicstore.com usually come with problems?
Quote by twisted_by:evil
I play symphonic metal and i currently use a roland cube 60 as my amp, but im earning money so next year i can buy a peavey 6505 and a marshall cab w/ celestion speakers. I find the m 1000 so special cause of the finishes, and it has all the specifications i want the specifications i want and like. Obrigado meus amigos portugueses que passam pelo mesmo problema, eu conheço a maior parte das lojas que me indicaram e neste momento vou ver no porto e em lisboa, eu vivo mais no centro em coimbra. The main problem of ordering here in portugal is that some stores do stupid prices for the guitar! the main guitar price is 1100 euros more less, and here they want 1500, 1600 euros in some stores its ridiculous! and they take even months to get here! my main problem is that i never ordered from germany, the products from thomann.de and musicstore.com usually come with problems?

Dunno about musicstore, but ive heard that thomann.de is a great shop for europe,
Your from coimbra? Cool, i was born there and go there alot xD

I have a question for you, im thinking of buying the cube 60, by itself does it have a good distortion (like for some death metal, dethcore?)
yes is a very good option, as a distortion mode called 'r-fier' that simulates a mesa boogie distortion, so its great for me , and the amp is very versatille for a combo, it as plenty of fx as a line out for direct recording, a line out , and an external speaker line out so if you want to have a concert you can connect your cube to 8 ohms speaker
yes is a very good option, as a distortion mode called 'r-fier' that simulates a mesa boogie distortion, so its great for me , and the amp is very versatille for a combo, it as plenty of fx as a line out for direct recording, a line out , and an external speaker line out so if you want to have a concert you can connect your cube to 8 ohms speaker

yeah ive heard samples, and ive heard reviews saying that it was one of the best ss amps, but i think i prefer a tube with good cleans + a good distortion pedal Lol
Quote by Popsai
Dunno about musicstore, but ive heard that thomann.de is a great shop for europe,
Your from coimbra? Cool, i was born there and go there alot xD

I have a question for you, im thinking of buying the cube 60, by itself does it have a good distortion (like for some death metal, dethcore?)

The cube, especially the ones above 30 watts and the microcube (because of the amp models), are great.

The distortion on the amp itself will probably keep you satisfied until it's time to upgrade to something else (we're not talking a few months or weeks here).
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Quote by Popsai
yeah ive heard samples, and ive heard reviews saying that it was one of the best ss amps, but i think i prefer a tube with good cleans + a good distortion pedal Lol

If it is a combo that you're looking for i wouldn buy a tube amp, you have to replace the tubes from time to time and it is a real pain in the ass, but if you're gonna buy a head thats different, but if you want to buy a combo for rehearsing, playing in your room etc a cube 60 is an execelent choice, but if you wanna play in concerts mostly you need the tubes xD
If it is a combo that you're looking for i wouldn buy a tube amp, you have to replace the tubes from time to time and it is a real pain in the ass, but if you're gonna buy a head thats different, but if you want to buy a combo for rehearsing, playing in your room etc a cube 60 is an execelent choice, but if you wanna play in concerts mostly you need the tubes xD

Well if used properly, some good tubes last 1-2years (from what ive heard)
And im looking for a head tube ^^ peaveys are good but they can be expensive Lol
Quote by Popsai
Well if used properly, some good tubes last 1-2years (from what ive heard)
And im looking for a head tube ^^ peaveys are good but they can be expensive Lol

Yeah but if you wanna play metal the best quality/ price head you will get in the market is the 6505 head is just awsome! better than that for me just mesa boogie or engls but those are much more expensive
Yeah but if you wanna play metal the best quality/ price head you will get in the market is the 6505 head is just awsome! better than that for me just mesa boogie or engls but those are much more expensive

yeah the 6505 and some other peaveys are excelent, and the mesa boogies ad egls might be more expensive, but the 6505 is too xD at least for me
Quote by Popsai
yeah the 6505 and some other peaveys are excelent, and the mesa boogies ad egls might be more expensive, but the 6505 is too xD at least for me

yeah you're right its quite expensive, but decent tube heads lower than 1000 euros its quite difficult to find! wich tube head do you are thinking of buying?
yeah you're right its quite expensive, but decent tube heads lower than 1000 euros its quite difficult to find! wich tube head do you are thinking of buying?
Dunno, my teacher (wich listens and plays some metal) sayd a valveking 100 head would be rather good, i still need to see some reviews and stuff ^^
or if i end up getting a combo, it will probably be a Valve King 212
yes, but dont trust much in reviews, you need to try one out cause only you know the sound you want! went to this years musicalia's expo edition in lisbon and i played in some peaveys, i liked very much the 6505 but i couldnt get the best soud of it because they gave me a peavey guitar with horrible pickups so xD i tried a mesa boogie dual rectifier once and thats my sound! but is too expensive for me now i want to try some engls like the invader