Poll: Your favourite Metallica instrumental?
Poll Options
View poll results: Your favourite Metallica instrumental?
Call of Ktulu
4 17%
Orion
16 67%
To Live Is To Die
4 17%
Voters: 24.
Hi guys.
I need help... I have got into a school band and we play a gig in 7 months. I am on lead guitar and the teacher wants to do a metallica instrumental. I am between Sweet Child 'o Mine and Fade To Black in terms of skill, just to give you an idea, and i have no idea what the best song to do is. The teacher recons i will manage Call Of Ktulu, i dont know how this compares to the other two though.

What is your favourite to listen to/play?
Silent Scorn by Megadeth FTW :P. Call of Ktulu would be cool if you guys can play it well.
For those who care.
Current Gear
Cort Zenox Z42
Flextone II
Charvel USA So-Cal
Farida M2 Parlour Acoustic
Admira Hand-built Spanish Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5H
Line 6 M13
The singer refuses to do anything heavier than Pararmore. Do you think One would sound good as an instrumental?
Thanks for the reply!
i think one would sound good if you shortened it a bit. It has quite long periods of guitar playing, so it would probably be fine as an instrumental, if you shortened the verses
Why not do an instrumental? if your putting on a concert kind of thing with many songs then an instrumental would be great to mix things up.

I dont think you should do One simply because it wouldn't be interesting as an instrumental. Call of Ktulu all the way.
For those who care.
Current Gear
Cort Zenox Z42
Flextone II
Charvel USA So-Cal
Farida M2 Parlour Acoustic
Admira Hand-built Spanish Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5H
Line 6 M13
Last edited by .:Darkness:. at Oct 21, 2007,
Edit- Kick the singer in the nuts till he stops being a selfish prick.

Its a girl, and i really dont think her voice suits metallica so unless we find a new singer its instrumental :S
if your bassist is AMAZING, do Orion
if not Call of the Ktulu
but if youre looking for something else, you could do Nothing Else Matters, that would sound good as an instrumental, but better if your singer has that low tone of voice to sing it
Gear:
Jackson DKMG Dinky (EMG 81/85)
Ibanez GIO (i put a Dimbucker in the bridge)
Crate GT65 (65 watts) to be upgraded soon, suggestions welcome (must be tubed)
Floor Pod (for sale)
Quote by the_lowlifer

Its a girl, and i really dont think her voice suits metallica so unless we find a new singer its instrumental :S

get a guy singer, every metallica song needs a James Hetfield "OH YEAH!!!!!!"
Gear:
Jackson DKMG Dinky (EMG 81/85)
Ibanez GIO (i put a Dimbucker in the bridge)
Crate GT65 (65 watts) to be upgraded soon, suggestions welcome (must be tubed)
Floor Pod (for sale)
Quote by the_lowlifer

Lol. Well....... Avril lavine (sp?) did a Metallica cover and look how could it turned out for her...................

Find a new singer if you want to do a metal cover.
Quote by .arkness:.
Why not do an instrumental? if your putting on a concert kind of thing with many songs then an instrumental would be great to mix things up.

Did you read the name of the thread of stop after the 'metallica' part?

Call of Ktulu.
This helps alot. Right now im thinking Call Of Ktulu or One, although I am not sure if i will manage the end solo, and thats the best bit IMO. Nothing Else Matters is an idea to, I can play it already so no problems, and the other guitarist likes it alot.
Quote by ChaoticVengence
get a guy singer, every metallica song needs a James Hetfield "OH YEAH!!!!!!"

Or if you're doing any post Black album metallica, an old dirt bike would do the same work.
My stuff:

ESP EX-50
SX Telecaster Replica
Jade 75 watt amp
15 Watt Mega-amp, lol.
Jim Dunlop Crybaby
Digitech RP50
Basically skill wise Call of Ktulu is probably the easiest (and IMO the most boring, out of 3 awesome songs)

Orion would be best if you could manage it but skill wise you might be hard pushed, but hey 7 months of practice and you'll be fine.

I voted for To Live is to Die for an interesting play and mid skill range.

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
Quote by sacchiel13
Or if you're doing any post Black album metallica, an old dirt bike would do the same work.

Lol. If we do find a good singer, do you all recon One will be best?
Orion is, of course, awesome, but may be hard to nail as a whole.

You could just do an instrumental version of Fade to Black or One, just by cutting out some bits...
I like Orion most, especially that pounding riff at 1:42. Make sure your bassist has lots of fuzzy distortion and turn it up loud. Very loud. Mmmmm...
Call of the Ktulu is actually my all time favorite Metallica song.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
Whats the name of the Metallica instrumental of the theme from that old western movie? I know I'm not being much help here, but its cool and could be played at the gig.

EDIT: Nvm. Here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zm7EeuWnc-8

Play that!
Fender 60th MIA Strat
Epiphone Les Paul Plus

Peavey JSX

Rockman Stereo Echo
Rockman Sustainor 200
2 Rockman 12-Band EQs
Rockman Stereo Chorus
RE-20 Space Echo
fulltone Clyde Standard wah