Looking to give my Bass some funk.

I tried having ago at some of the "easy" Chili's songs, but not getting on with them for some reason, I always seem to have one troubleor another.

Any suggestions?

Also, While I'm here, When I use my pinky finger for a song, for example, To The Moon And Back, it kills me after about three and a half minutes =S Am I using it wrong?
can you play fast?

Teen Town-Weather Report

Seinfeld theme

fun stuff like that.
myspace.com/thecarlandbenextravaganza1

my band ^
Quote by ImNotSmart
can you play fast?

Teen Town-Weather Report

Seinfeld theme

fun stuff like that.

1)Teen Town is jazz.
2)If he's stuggling with the Chilis, explain your recommendation for a notoriously difficult song.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Look at some Sly and the Family Stone, there is a good mix in the difficulties of the bass lines, and is imo the epitome of funk playing.
Founder of Jaco society

[22:08:23] <Confusius> I wish I was a bassist
[22:08:26] <Confusius> you fuckers look cool

Want to know how to play bass in jazz? Read this.
Quote by SirPsychoTheSex
When I use my pinky finger for a song, for example, To The Moon And Back, it kills me after about three and a half minutes =S Am I using it wrong?

I assume you are talking about fretting hand, and if so then no, probably not. You just have to practice with your pinky more AKA don't only use it in the songs you HAVE TO use it.
Along with Sly, check out AWB and the Isley Brothers funkier stuff. Pick up the Pieces (AWB) and "Its your thing" (Isleys) are good starter songs. And there's always Tower of Power and the sublime funk lines of Mr. Rocco Prestia, one of my personal favs.

The pinky issue hits us all in the beginning, even if we came over from guitar. Its always your weakest finger and the one that requires more practice to stretch. Practicing your chromatic and other scales can help immensely and make sure you use that ol' digit. Eventually you will get the muscle memory, flexibility and strength.
chic, isley brothers, sly and the family stone, kool and the gang, anything by bootsy collins, parliment, james brown