^ same as thread title

is it possible? cos i wanna annoy some of my slayer loving friends muaha
X JAPAN
yoshiki.toshi.pata.hide.heath/taiji

---------------

"desert rose, why do you live alone..." - yoshiki
roland synth pickup system. how much are you willing to spend to annoy your friends?
within you lay everything
every key
every secret

untouched and in plain sight
Listen to some Tom Morello solos...
Theyre pretty techno/hip-hop (more his Rage Against the Machine solos rather than audioslave)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TDgkOOlbwg <--- 1:12 in :P
The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
Chorus, Delay and distortion, sounds pretty Techno to me.
Weird Al = Awesome
Buckethead = Awesome
Ergo, Awesome = Buckethead = Weird Al
Quote by Hart_Attack
the logic... its. so. precise! you broke the code! hail Omni-Ragnarok for answering lifes biggest question, who is buckethead.
Quote by sadistic_monkey
If you can get hold of one, try a Ring Mod.

Yeah, that's one of the effects in my vox tonelab. That would annoy the HECK out of them (I know it annoys the heck outta me).
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
whammy pedal set up either +1/+2 octaves
delay pedal set short

killswitch some arpeggios
Add some wah in sometimes

Pretty much tom morello.
moog pedals, lots of them, or those electroharmonix hog synthesizers.
Quote by Sir-Shoelace
manliest string guage? barbed wire.

Founder Of the UG Slide Player's Guild, PM me If You're Really Feelin' Dem Blues

THE PIT
"better than your average psychiatrist"
Turn your tone knob down and pick in the middle of the neck are cheap as free ways.

Using a wah pedal but leaving it at about mid level also works as well as the many previously stated methods.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
i think whammy and tremolo pedals is the easiest way of sounding techno! not much of a fan of them though,only when im in a whacky mood!

listen to john5 he has a bit of that going on! sometimes he just sounds like a friggin machine!
Lol add a buttload of effects and use a killswitch + wah constantly and run it in a digital sounding amp (spider maybe)
that would be pretty interesting xD
Quote by Reincaster
I once got shocked by a spider amp.

I got powers like spiderman did, except I model everyone else's powers poorly.

Quote by shredhead22
why not, i started using the zakk wylde boomers and now every third note i hit is a pinch harmonic

Quote by Popsai
Lol add a buttload of effects and use a killswitch + wah constantly and run it in a digital sounding amp (spider maybe)
that would be pretty interesting xD

a bit redundant dont you think? you are saying it like "i love adore babies"

on a serious note, synth pedal is decent but really expensive, so i guess you can always do the morello
on your amp, turn the bass and treble to zero and the mid to 10. and throw some distortion and any mod effects (chorus, flanger, phaser) in there
stuff:
guitar.
amp.
acoustic.
Haha, annoying metalheads is always a good idea. Nobody's brought up the MXR Bluebox, its the most fun pedal ever, it'll handle your techno needs as well as if you want to impersonate a broken Atari or just make people say "What The **** was that?" or "Oh my god, is it your guitar or amp thats broken?"
My attempt at gear-
Fender Jaguar (limited edition Cream with gold hardware.)
Goya Rangemaster (1967 Italian Archtop)
Martin SWDGT Acoustic.
Vox AD50VT.
Ibanez Tubescreamer, Wasabi Delay, MXR BLUE BOX.
Just plug a bunch of random effects in and twist dials until it's as weird as you want. I personally like fuzz+ compression, and taking my DD-20, setting the delay time to 4-12 ms, the effect level all the way up, and the feedback 80% or so up to ge really weird overtones with wavelength=delay time. You can also turn the feedback all the way up and do that, you get pretty much a square wave whose pitch is determined by the delay time knob, you can play weird little melodies w/ the knob.
Dunlop Straps™
The best sounding straps on the market

Quote by steven seagull
Justice is this, justice is that...justice is 9 minutes long and recorded in a cupboard full of fluffy pillows
Roland Synth is the only way to go. All the Moog pedals, Whammys, and Delays in the world won't get you sounding like a true synthesizer.