So it's coming up to the time when I finish my GCSEs, and I have to find a sixth form that will take me (difficult as that may be). There is a crucial choice presented by this: Sixth form college or continuing at my high school?

High school pros:
-I know the place
-It's easier to get to
-I can hang around with my friends when I've got frees (finally) and go to the girls school nearby where I have several friends too
-I've got a lot of friends there
Cons:
-Doesn't have media studies (which I'm taking for a course in journalism)
-Lot of the better teaching staff have left recently
-Facilities aren't as good
-It's an all-boys school
-Strict dress code

Sixth form pros:
-Better facilities
-More casual atmosphere
-No dress code
-Girls there
-Media studies course available
Cons:
-Far away
-Only know 2 people who would be going there and they're mainly doing different courses
-Less to do in frees, can't go home

Ask questions for more info
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
go to the sixth form

im at one and i didnt know anyone... easy to make friends
Quote by spazzymagee417
after i wipe i look at the toilet paper. anyone else do that?

Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
hamburger. put your wang between your cojones and turn 'em sideways.

hahahaha
How do I put a poll up?
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Last edited by break-me-in at Oct 21, 2007,
It seems like the only major pro of High School is friends.

Just go to college and attempt to make some new friends .
Quote by kriscornella2@g
I know i wish i was as cool as you and be into Sum 41 and Taking back Sunday. Gaylord.

Quote by civildp1
you should call one of the songs, "Respecting Old People" just to mix things up.

Quote by вяaи∂ иєw
You just made a very powerful enemy BenFoffenbock.
Quote by break-me-in
So it's coming up to the time when I finish my GCSEs, and I have to find a sixth form that will take me (difficult as that may be). There is a crucial choice presented by this: Sixth form college or continuing at my high school?

High school pros:
-I know the place
-It's easier to get to
-I can hang around with my friends when I've got frees (finally) and go to the girls school nearby where I have several friends too
-I've got a lot of friends there
Cons:
-Doesn't have media studies (which I'm taking for a course in journalism)
-Lot of the better teaching staff have left recently
-Facilities aren't as good
-It's an all-boys school
-Strict dress code

Sixth form pros:
-Better facilities
-More casual atmosphere
-No dress code
-Girls there
-Media studies course available
Cons:
-Far away
-Only know 2 people who would be going there and they're mainly doing different courses
-Less to do in frees, can't go home

Ask questions for more info

This is exactly like my school, do you go to Nottingham Boys High School?
Quote by Aussie_skater
everyone listen to PLOP he knows the way of the forum samurai

Quote by Seth Shadows
^PLOP = Best, username, ever.

REVOCATION FTW! 9/9/9
Quote by PLOP
This is exactly like my school, do you go to Nottingham Boys High School?

No... I live in Surrey.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
go to sixth form college, you'll make friends easy and you can do the course you want.
"And after all of this, I am amazed...

...that I am cursed far more than I am praised."
Haha sorry but its the similar sort of situation I'm going through

Call me a nerd, but go for the academically better one.
Quote by Aussie_skater
everyone listen to PLOP he knows the way of the forum samurai

Quote by Seth Shadows
^PLOP = Best, username, ever.

REVOCATION FTW! 9/9/9
Quote by PLOP
Haha sorry but its the similar sort of situation I'm going through

Call me a nerd, but go for the academically better one.

Technically that would be high school.

I go to a Grammar School currently. Sixth form entry requirement: 4 As and 2 Bs (at least). Whereas the Sixth Form College requires 5 Cs. My predicted grades are 4 A*s and 4 As so that's not a problem, but the facilities and teaching look just as good at Sixth form, in fact a lot of the better high school teachers have left as of late.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
I had this choice, as much as I hate it it's not the schools fault. My timetable just sucks. My advice is apply to all the places you might want to go and then see which ones accept you.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
go to sixth form and get a girlfriend who shares your free's so you do something
go to college bro
Quote by yawn
It just occurred to me that UG attracts a lot of socially isolated male teenagers with questionable psychological dispositions.

Quote by I'm_Guitarded
Sticks and stones may break my bones, but Whip and Chains Excite Me!!

Got'em!
Quote by Draken
go to sixth form and get a girlfriend who shares your free's so you do something

I doubt I'll find someone doing all the same subjects I do...

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
I went through a similar set of circumstances, however, i took the college option. but now i wish i had gone to my high schools sixth form, but i only got two Cs in my exams, so i couldn't go sixth form if i wanted to all my friends are there and i feel like I'm missing out on everything.

I have made some friends in College but, When i get asked to come out i never want to, it's an hour on the train and i dunno, I just make excuses, but it seems like normally i wouldn't hang with them, but only in college.

I guess its like being at work for me, Like how you wouldn't really hang out with the person you work with in a majority of cases.

Man i feel stressed at the moment

*smacks head on desk*
Yeah, now you're gonna die wearing that stupid little hat. How does it feel?

Help me to live.

I make custom guitar wiring harnesses and I'm pretty damn good at it!
Last edited by flyingmarlin at Oct 21, 2007,
the pros on the college seems to be better then pros in high skool

ur pros in high school are pretty much "i don't want to leave my comfort zone"

finishing high school is kind of important. if you can try do a part time course at the college while you finish off high school, would that work? (i did something similar for my film course in grade 12)
Quote by Aftertime
the pros on the college seems to be better then pros in high skool

ur pros in high school are pretty much "i don't want to leave my comfort zone"

finishing high school is kind of important. if you can try do a part time course at the college while you finish off high school, would that work? (i did something similar for my film course in grade 12)

In the UK, we can go to college instead of the last 2 years of high school. It still means the same thing.

Quote by flyingmarlin
I went through a similar set of circumstances, however, i took the college option. but now i wish i had gone to my high schools sixth form, but i only got two Cs in my exams, so i couldn't go sixth form if i wanted to all my friends are there and i feel like I'm missing out on everything.

I have made some friends in College but, When i get asked to come out i never want to, it's an hour on the train and i dunno, I just make excuses, but it seems like normally i wouldn't hang with them, but only in college. I guess its like being a work for me, Like how you wouldn't really hang out with the person you work with in a majority of cases.

That's the sort of thing I'm concerned about. My new friends would live too far away for me to hang out with them and my old ones, I wouldn't have time for.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by break-me-in
How do I put a poll up?

*ahem*

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT