some of my fellow guitarists here are advising me to check some instructional videos by big players,they say they really help develop your skills
,i was wondering if they actually do work,and if they do,can you guys recommend me some names to check out?
thanks in advance!
Paul Gilbert

if there's anyone who can make a very interesting video that can help improve your technique without boring your pants off, it's him.

Check out:

-Intense Rock
-Intense Rock 2
-Guitars from Mars: classical
-Guitars from Mars: rock

and his masterpiece: Terrifying guitar trip

He's an incredible teacher, player and like I said, he presents the material in a way that watching the video is actually fun. His explanations are very clear and the exercises are very helpful, regardless of whether you like his music.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
rock disiplice by john petrucci, the best i've seen
The main purpose of a TV is to have a place to point your furnatures to
Frank Gambale's is alright for an Intermediate player. PG is brilliant, but his stuff is hard to get hold of in shops, I got an old video off ebay, Intense Rock which apart from the guitar stuff is funny as hell! His amazing guitar tricks he shows will have you in stitches.
Quote by Jaffaps2
Frank Gambale's is alright for an Intermediate player. PG is brilliant, but his stuff is hard to get hold of in shops, I got an old video off ebay, Intense Rock which apart from the guitar stuff is funny as hell! His amazing guitar tricks he shows will have you in stitches.

It's true they're hard to get a hold of, but some kind people have uploaded a few and some clips of others to Youtube.com.

Buying one is still the best thing to do, but at least you'll be able to see if you like them.

One of the main reasons why I prefer Gilberts videos to Petrucci's is that I find Gilberts much more intersesting and fun to watch. Petrucci's tape is very detailed an accurate as well, but it's two hours of a guy sitting in a chair playing exercises over a metronome loop, the occasional demonstration and that's it.

The stuff Petrucci talks about is very usefull and it's a good vid, it's just not as nice to watch as Gilbert's.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!