right, im thinking of starting busking ( i live in london btw ) so umm for fellow londoners who knows about busking laws around here ? do you need a lisence or anything ?

also, accoustic song suggestions would be great
You need a lisense.
Originally posted by Meths
You need serious amounts of therapy.

Quote by jagstang270
One should not try to masturbate while Dragoneforce is in the background
you just can't keep up.

Quote by waylay00
DragonForce? Sounds like some early 90's children's cartoon or action hero lineup.
im from the US, so i dont know the law over there
but you should learn
"In This River" by Black Label Society
"Every Rose Has It's Thorn" by Poison
and maybe
"Turn the Page" by Bob Seger
Quote by yawn
It just occurred to me that UG attracts a lot of socially isolated male teenagers with questionable psychological dispositions.

Quote by I'm_Guitarded
Sticks and stones may break my bones, but Whip and Chains Excite Me!!

Got'em!
And if you're gonna do some acoustic busking songs, do proper acoustic tracks :P

I know you're bound to get replies by people suggesting the cleanest songs by their favourite rock/metal acts (sigh - It happens every time someone asks for acoustic songs), but I'd recommend you look into artists like Newton Faulkner. In fact, I command you to learn a lot of Newton Faulkner. Songs like People Should Smile More, UFO, Gone In The Morning etc, would go down really well.
Quote by Steve The Plank
And if you're gonna do some acoustic busking songs, do proper acoustic tracks :P

I know you're bound to get replies by people suggesting the cleanest songs by their favourite rock/metal acts (sigh - It happens every time someone asks for acoustic songs), but I'd recommend you look into artists like Newton Faulkner. In fact, I command you to learn a lot of Newton Faulkner. Songs like People Should Smile More, UFO, Gone In The Morning etc, would go down really well.

of course just playing the regular electric part note for note wouldn't work
but if you're good you can make great acoustic arrangements of rock songs
Quote by Steve The Plank
I assume I'll need a license too for small towns?

It's not been an issue where I am.

Quote by I'm_Guitarded
im from the US, so i dont know the law over there
but you should learn
"In This River" by Black Label Society
"Every Rose Has It's Thorn" by Poison
and maybe
"Turn the Page" by Bob Seger

No, no and no.

Quote by Steve The Plank

Eh, I throw in a whole load electric Springsteen songs and it works alright. Not to mention 'Living On A Prayer', 'Rocking In The Free World', 'Purple Haze', 'Hey Joe' and 'Like A Rolling Stone'. Actually, and quite a few others as well.

As long as the original song isn't carried per se on an electric melody, doing them acoustically works fine.
Quote by Steve The Plank

I agree, John Butler songs would also go down well
Guitars:
Duesenberg Starplayer TV
Fender Jaguar
Indie PRS Copy
Faith Saturn E/Acoustic
Simon & Patrick SP12
Fender Jazz Bass
Learn some flamenco...if I see a busker playing flamenco guitar, I pay him well.
Quote by bjoern_swe
my mom found me sitting in the kitchen, eating Corn Flakes from the floor. when she asked me what I was doing, I just roared at her and ran up to my room.

George Foreman Grill Appreciation Society
You need a license...

But i guy i know went busking for two weeks in London (in Covent Garden),in the first week he made £1.5k,but just into his second week,some mobsters came along and basically told him to give them a piece of the action or leave,so he left,and went to another place,but they found him again x)
Quote by Atomic_Assault
lololololol that was epic andyd93. you just made my day

PROUD EVERTONIAN
Quote by alliwant
Learn some flamenco...if I see a busker playing flamenco guitar, I pay him well.

+1
Quote by clapton-floyd
I don't believe in free will, I believe in Rohypnol.
Quote by alliwant

Quote by panterarocker
+1 and learn Wish You Were Here.

You realise how astonishingly quiet fingerpicked guitar is on the street, right? It's not good to do, trust me.
Ok I don't want to hijack the thread....but is it possible to busk without singing? CUz I cannot sing for **** and can't find someone to busk with me and would like to try out busking. What would you play that wouldn't require vocals to entertain the audience?
"Imagine all the people, sharing all the world"
-John Lennon
Quote by Punk Rocker
Ok I don't want to hijack the thread....but is it possible to busk without singing? CUz I cannot sing for **** and can't find someone to busk with me and would like to try out busking. What would you play that wouldn't require vocals to entertain the audience?

look at that "Ocean" video up there

I've also seen some guys playing some nice solo guitar chord-melody jazz arrangements of stuff

or find yourself a violin/flute/clarinet/trumpet/harmonica/whatever player to play together with

Quote by Thornography
What's busking?

playing music or otherwise performing out on the street, possibly with a guitar case or whatever other container else setup for people walking by to throw money in
Quote by Punk Rocker

Well I'm not a particularly good singer and I get away with it. There's no harm in trying kid.

Quote by Thornography
What's busking?

Street performing.
Any song by Jake Thackery. They're quite difficult, but they're realy funny and quite catchy. Sort of sagas.

I've been kind of interested in trying busking as well, but unfortunately my town is so small that I'd probably make like 75 cents a day. As for songs, try "Indifference" by Pearl Jam. It's a great song that really lends itself to an acoustic arangement. Also maybe "Ball and Chain" by Social Distortion, thats a fun one. Good luck!
Hear my train a coming - jimi hendrix. Very hard but great to play,and you don't even need a good voice to sing it.
Quote by captainjackass
Make up your own songs?

Nah, nobody knows originals so nobody'll throw any money in. At gigs where people are there to see you, by all means. But it's not advisable busking unless they are really, really good.

Quote by deepestpurple
Hear my train a coming - jimi hendrix. Very hard but great to play,and you don't even need a good voice to sing it.

It comes out too quietly to be effective, really.
I can't sing, and I'm not technically profficient enough to play an interesting song on guitar by myself, so I'm not ready for busking.

It's going to take me years of practise before I can touch Ocean.