i can't find any tutorials on this at all so i thought i'd ask here.
does anybody know where i can find one?
and will a truss rod from a 6 string ibanez remake neck work on a 7 string neck or would i have to buy another.

this info is for my second build btw.
EPIPHONE LES PAUL
IBANEZ S SERIES CUSTOM
VOX AD30VT
yeah i just needed a tut incase the neck needs angling or something, it doesnt look too hard to achieve tbh.

and would buying a bass blank work for a guitar, theyre the only ones big enough.
EPIPHONE LES PAUL
IBANEZ S SERIES CUSTOM
VOX AD30VT
1)Projectguitar.com has one I think, but otherwise its the same as making a regular neck but just with the added length
2)The truss rod will fit.
I've developed a complex where everytime I hear a Lamb of God song, I burst out laughing

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Kramer Striker FR-2027SM 7 String
BC Rich Afterburner Warlock
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350
You'll probably want a carbon fiber rod or two along with the truss rod, just for extra insurance. And yeah, the truss rod will work. It's fairly simple; obtain neck blank, make sure top is flat, angle headstock (if you want,) cut channels for TR/CF rods, put them in place, glue fretboard, taper, fret, carve. I usually leave the neck heel/neck carve until I glue the wings on.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
cheers tuba, thats what info i was looking for.
im going to buy an already radiused and slotted FB though,i dont think im up to doing precision things myself.

and could you or anyone else give me some more info on the CF rods ?
EPIPHONE LES PAUL
IBANEZ S SERIES CUSTOM
VOX AD30VT
They're stiff rods that assist the truss rod in keeping the neck straight.

Here are some instructions from StewMac that are worth a read through.
http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Truss_rods/Carbon_fiber/1/Carbon_Fiber/Instructions/I-4007.html#details
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
Yeah, I can understand preslotted/preradiused on this one. Next time, though...
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!