which guitar is better?

the PRS SE Custom 24 or Gibson Les Paul Standard?

i am unsure on what to get
PRS is more value for money. and probably better in general.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
Quote by Doodleface
PRS is more value for money. and probably better in general.

+1
I don't think there's a such thing as a SE Custom 24. The SE Custom is good though, but doesn't have the thickness of an LP. Try them out and see which one you think feels better. Plus, LPs are heavy as hell, you'll break your back out, man.

Edit: Seeing as the Gibson is a high-price guitar, I should assume you're talking about the 24 and not the SE line. I'd say the PRS, but I'm a PRS lover.
Last edited by Eminored at Oct 21, 2007,
man youre choosin among two beautiful guitars lots of people could never have, so just try them and find what suits you best. the prs seems to be more versatile
i would get the LP for the way it looks, but its really heavy

let us know
Last edited by swinghead at Oct 21, 2007,
In my opinion you'd have to play both to find out. Seeing that you're using a public forum with unknowns like us(who may very well have the best or the worst knowledge of guitars) replying to your thread, I'd recommend playing both guitars and then compare because you have no idea of the quality of advice you're receiving. First Hand Experience! Remember that if more people recommend one guitar over the other, your opinion could be exactly the opposite. Think about it, its your playing, your sound, your experience, etc. You're comparing two high quality products. The better one is simply up to you.
A-mart
Last edited by stratplyr01 at Oct 21, 2007,
Quote by swinghead
man youre choosin among two beautiful guitars lots of people could never have, so just try them and find what suits you best. the prs seems to be more versatile
i would get the LP for the way it looks, but its really heavy

let us know

Yeah, LPs just look like an awesome guitar. Really, they're a piece of history.

But I must ask, dude this is expensive stuff we're talking about, shouldn't you have a good idea of what you want? Usually only new people ask what equipment is better...