wat would b the max price u would consider spending on a 2nd guitar, after playing for about a year?
(Main)Gear-v
Jackson Dinky DKMGT
PRS SE Paul Allender
Peavey 6505+ 112
for me it was around 300 i didnt wanna get anything that was too pricey b/c i thought it wouldnt be able to be used to its full capacity with my skills
maybe $600, but if you have the money then go for all you can, whats the point of buying a guitar and then wanting another one thats worth more each time, just get the best you can now, and you can have it for longer...
Quote by RetroGunslinger
this is like comparing a flushing toilet to a hole in the ground
Quote by seizetheday1103
wat would b the max price u would consider spending on a 2nd guitar, after playing for about a year?

Depends on how serious you are and how much you have. I don't think there's a rule for this, you just spend as much money as you deem to be worth it. Some may want a guitar that will last them for years and invest a good amount of money, whilst others may spend a lot less.

Also, certain features, like a good double locking trem, may require you to spend more than you may have had in mind.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
don't get a 2nd guitar untiil you have a tube amp.

I spent 1000 on a blues jr NOS and a deluxe players strat. you can get a good deal at GC if you buy them both together.
I would say that if you plan on gigging later, then buy a 4-600$ guitar like the DP strat due to the quality and noiseless pickups. no point in spending extra money.
maybe buy an acoustic, it will help you get better, or sell your squier and get a decent strat.

actually DEFINITELY buy a new amp... MARSHALL MG? shame on you!! get an epi valve jr.
Quote by the.spine.surfs

But really, asking the pit for relationship advice is like asking a girl with braces for a blowjob. Ouch.

Quote by Lil Macker
i first masterbated when i was... 10, i think
or was it 9...
yeah 10
and i'm catholic, don't tell the pope, i'll be holy watered
I've got around $400 in my "second guitar".
Epiphone Les Paul with EMGs.
Sounds bloody fantastic.
Epiphone Les Paul goldtop (EMG 81/85)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Fender Telecaster MIM
Epiphone SG Special
Jay Turser JT200 Serpent (GFS Crunchy Rails/Crunchy Pat)
Dean V-Coustic
Ovation Celebrity
Bugera 333-212
Crate Blue Voodoo 120H
Quote by rhakiath

I spent 1000 on a blues jr NOS and a deluxe players strat. you can get a good deal at GC if you buy them both together.
I would say that if you plan on gigging later, then buy a 4-600$ guitar like the DP strat due to the quality and noiseless pickups. no point in spending extra money.
maybe buy an acoustic, it will help you get better, or sell your squier and get a decent strat.

actually DEFINITELY buy a new amp... MARSHALL MG? shame on you!! get an epi valve jr.

You don't need a tube amp right away, especially if you just use it for practice.

Also, the price of your second guitar all comes down to what you want.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Quote by rhakiath

Definitely DO NOT GET A VALVE JUNIOR they are bad. Really bad.
I paid $300 used for my first electric guitar, just got my 2nd one and paid $1300 for it, but I knew what I wanted. By now you should have an idea of what you want so what does it cost? That's pretty much the price. If you can't afford it then your still gonna settle and sooner or later your gonna have to spend that money anyway.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
the combo I hear is not as good as the stack, but I have heard nice things from most people. also try a crate palomino, but skip the fender champ. a 5w all tube amp is always nice to have for practice.

and it beats the **** out of his MG...
Quote by the.spine.surfs

But really, asking the pit for relationship advice is like asking a girl with braces for a blowjob. Ouch.

Quote by Lil Macker
i first masterbated when i was... 10, i think
or was it 9...
yeah 10
and i'm catholic, don't tell the pope, i'll be holy watered
Hey, my second guitar cost $3500, and at the time I bought it, my skills certainly didn't do the guitar justice. Now however they do. Get what you want and what you can afford. Price and current skill are in no way related to eachother, as long as you belive that one day you'll have the skills to really play.
well, im not in a band or anything, this would b my christmas present instead of an xbox 360. i dont need a new amp, my mg is fine for now. when im in a band or close to it ill get a new amp

and i dont want a trem. im thinking maybe schecter damien 6
(Main)Gear-v
Jackson Dinky DKMGT
PRS SE Paul Allender
Peavey 6505+ 112
I was always serious about playing. My 2nd guitar cost $1200.

I'm happy I didn't buy something cheap since I'm still playing it years later with more skill.
My second cost $350, though my max was about $600. It's my Charvel CX391. I would advise looking used. You can get a lot of bang for your buck that way. Also play everything you can get your hands on to decide what you like in a guitar and what you're tastes are.
The second guitar I bought cost just £60. On the other hand, my first cost £800, and since buying that second I've bought five other guitars and a bass - two of which have cost over £1900 and one cost a clean £1000 after I was done modding it. And that's just after about a year and a half of playing.

But hey. I know other people who have been playing for eight years, and only ever had the one same guitar. Dropped a couple of hundred on them, upgraded little things along the way, and their instruments have lasted just fine.

So, I don't think there's really any need to buy hugely expensive instruments, and I find it hard to believe anyone would need a second (or more) guitar anyway until they're playing gigs regularly.

But, if you do want to get another instrument, I say go for it, and how much you should spend on it depends entirely on how much money you have and just what you want to get out of it. There's no real minimum or maximum. If you like a guitar and you want it, buy it. Simple as.
well, based on descriptions, my 2 favorite are a schecter c-1 artist and a fender showmaster

im yet to play either 1
(Main)Gear-v
Jackson Dinky DKMGT
PRS SE Paul Allender
Peavey 6505+ 112
Quote by The_Crumpet
Definitely DO NOT GET A VALVE JUNIOR they are bad. Really bad.

False.

Do a search on the forums, and then go try it out in a store. The Epiphone Valve Junior, as sales and its cult following on the internet show, is a good sounding--albeit very basic and no frills--5 watt all-tube amp. And at only 130 dollars, it's a steal and can be modded to sound great.
Fender Standard Stratocaster
BC Rich Mockingbird Supreme (USA Custom Shop)
BC Rich NJ Neck-Thru Series Mockingbird
Epiphone Elite Les Paul Standard

Laney TT50-112
Peavey Classic 30
Epiphone Valve Junior
Roland Microcube