Well everyone has asked me this fateful question:

"which one are u gunna buy!?"

I've been siting here for months trying to decide if i should buy a Warlock or a Beast and which series? (does the bronze - plat. really make a diff?)

I'm Playing a Warlock plat. ser. that was lened to me for a start on playing. I also have a "Hoyer Flying V".

Long story short; What should i get ?
I don't like BC Riches, don't get one.

I heard there are a lot better guitars for your money, but I can't help you there since you seem to play more Metal-ish music.
Quote by SloppyJoseph
It doesn't fit my playing style at all so I figured it would be good for me
Do not get bronze. Its just not worth it. Platinum is decent though. If you can go higher then its even better because you start getting some of the best value for money just above platinum, but do not get bronze. They have horrible necks.

The beast just feels awesome to play. You have that lower horn under your arm which feels so awesome, almost like an explorer. Look at the warbeast if you cant decide between the two.
I've developed a complex where everytime I hear a Lamb of God song, I burst out laughing

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Kramer Striker FR-2027SM 7 String
BC Rich Afterburner Warlock
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350
=/ thanks for you help?.

-_- actually that didn't help at all...

(for the 1st post guy)
Stay away from ANYTHING B.C. Rich that has the word bronze on it. They are terrible. If you are going to get one, go for something from the WMD series. Their IT series is pretty good too.

As far as between the Beast or the Warlock, that's up to you. I personally hate the Beast. It's really awkward to play. But the Warlock (and Warbeast, for that matter) is pretty comfortable IMO.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
Quote by lefthandman9876
all bc riches are terrible

dont touch with a very long barge pole

silence foo'

dont go for a bronze....or even a platinum, try and find a really nice one
but warlocks are definately fun...
=/ hmmm warbeast looks like a good Choice But i Think I'm gunna go with a "Beast" they play good and look pretty good. And yeah i'm a Heavy Metal Kinda Player.
the nt series is pretty dudey, look at the bc rich slash mockingbird, awesome guitar
Jackson KE 3 Trans Black
Schecter C7 ATX
Siggery Custom

Axe Fx Owner
mockingbirds are pretty nice looking. One of my friends just bought a bass Mockingbird. put a good hole in his pocket thats for sure =/
Quote by lefthandman9876
there are so much better metal guitars for the money though

ibanez
dean
jackson
esp

there all better

holy ****, did you actually list dean? dean has the worst value for money ever....and none of those brands are really great value for money. if you listed agile or washburn then I'd agree, but ibanez and jackson are decently priced. ESP is a little more expensive and dean are aweful

Quote by Demonikk
Jackson pwns BC Rich all day every day

I bet you my warlock can 'pwn a jackson at the same price.

And yes I have a b.c.rich so im a little biased, but then the lot of you dissing them are no better. There is nothing wrong with the brand apart from the bronze series and the NT and IT are really great guitars.

Quote by freshtunes
Why would someone WANT to buy a BC Rich? You can get way better guitars for 200 bucks then any BC Rich. Sorry, but they sound like junk, NEVER stay in tune, and look very cheesey as well.

for 200 bucks your not buying much of a guitar anyway. Start paying more and you get a really awesome guitar. If you judge a brand by its lowest tier, your just missing out on a lot more.

Its like first act make some good guitars, fender are good even though some squiers suck ass.
I've developed a complex where everytime I hear a Lamb of God song, I burst out laughing

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Kramer Striker FR-2027SM 7 String
BC Rich Afterburner Warlock
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350
Last edited by DagMX at Oct 21, 2007,
Why would someone WANT to buy a BC Rich? You can get way better guitars for 200 bucks then any BC Rich. Sorry, but they sound like junk, NEVER stay in tune, and look very cheesey as well.

Edit: I'm not talking about the higher end BC Riches.
Quote by ottoavist

i suppose there's a chance
i'm just a litte too shallow to consider
that maybe i've been a little more eager
each day to wake up and take a shower
brush my teeth and smile for the mirror
Last edited by freshtunes at Oct 21, 2007,
Jackson post Fender is disgraceful almost.

I'm split between the Dean Razorback or the Dean FBD ML or the BC Rich WMD Warbeast, not for the looks, but for the neck and what they sound like when I play them. I've heard good things about all. Not sure yet

Hate the Bronze BC Riches, but I've tried an Exotic Bich, very nice. Awesome feel, ditto for the Dean from Hell I've tried. I might still go for an Exotic Bich and Kahler it.
Gear

Guitars -
ESP V-500 w/EMG 81/85
Jackson Mark Morton Signature Primer

Amps -
Marshall JCM 2000 TSL 60 Head
Marshall MS-2 Mini-Amp

Pedals -
Line 6 PodXT Live
Blackstart HT-Dual Valve Distortion
Jackson post Fender is disgraceful almost.QUOTE]
I have to disagree the 2007 models at least are awesome guitars, maybe they went down a bit right after the takeover but there awesome now or at least the one's I've played have been.

I'm considering getting a warlock mick tompson sig of ebay if it stays at about £50 just for the novelty of it =]
Member of the Jackson RR24 Owners club!

Esp Eclipse II Snow white
Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RGA-8
Jackson RR24 Black w/yellow bevels, Limited 1/75
Yamaha FG-400A
Last edited by sepultura alma at Oct 21, 2007,
BC riches are bad, bad wood, bad pickups, and they just look like a n00bs guitar. Especially those boring and dull finishes.
-Shecter C-7 Hellraiser FR, Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR,
ESP LTD F-2005, Ibanez RG7321
-Peavey 6505+
-Maxon OD-9, Dunlop 535Q Wah, EHX Deluxe Memory Man, MXR 10-band EQ, MXR Super Comp
Melodeath: www.myspace.com/incarnia
UG Gain Whore
That is such a justifiable argument, I don't know what to say.

Oh wait, I don't know what to say because that makes absolutely no bloody sense.
Gear

Guitars -
ESP V-500 w/EMG 81/85
Jackson Mark Morton Signature Primer

Amps -
Marshall JCM 2000 TSL 60 Head
Marshall MS-2 Mini-Amp

Pedals -
Line 6 PodXT Live
Blackstart HT-Dual Valve Distortion
Go to a music store and play them. If you like the features on it, good pickups, quality bridge, overall not a piece of crap, and most importantly if you like the sound it emits, then there you go. And for people that hate BC Riches: don't buy one.
Either WMD / IT bc rich, the beast is more comfortable than most will admit, but I prefer Ibanez. Head up to your local music shop and try one out. They're cheap and probably best value you'll get for as inexpensive as they are. Just stay away from their GRG / GRS / G-whatever lines. Those are garbage. GRG = NO! RG = YES.
Quote by fly135
Great list Rutch. On re-reading this one I'd have to say Solid State means not liquid or gas.

I figured it out.
theyre decent, my friend got a black warlock i think it was a bronze actually like 6 or 7 years ago, after a pickup change and a nice setup its actually a good sounding guitar/decent feeling guitar through a nice amp, im just not a fan of the whole warlock thing
2008 M.I.A. HSS Strat
Marshall JCM 900 50w Dual Reverb
Quote by BrandonWeir
Go to a music store and play them. If you like the features on it, good pickups, quality bridge, overall not a piece of crap, and most importantly if you like the sound it emits, then there you go. And for people that hate BC Riches: don't buy one.

Are you cereal? How the **** did you find this thread from 2007 and actually respond to it. Like surely there must of been numerous other threads asking the same question all within the last few days and yet you somehow dug up an old thread.
damn. I didn't even notice that. now I feel stupid for posting at all.
Quote by fly135
Great list Rutch. On re-reading this one I'd have to say Solid State means not liquid or gas.

I figured it out.