I bought a set of strap lock buttons, as I only have 1 strap, and I use schaller strap buttons on both my other guitars, and I hate having to take the locks on/off all the time when I switch guitars.

but anyway, kramer apparantly screwed the strap button into the bolt on plate of the neck, and the small schaller screw doesnt fit, and the one that came on it is too big to fit into the button.

Am I gonna have to drill a new hole for the thing or what? I'd hate to have to go that far really. Any ideas?
Gear:

Jackson dk2m
MIM strat
peavey jsx 2x12 combo
Recording King RDC-26
Digitch RP1000
Crybaby 535Q
Quote by spiroth10
I bought a set of strap lock buttons, as I only have 1 strap, and I use schaller strap buttons on both my other guitars, and I hate having to take the locks on/off all the time when I switch guitars.

but anyway, kramer apparantly screwed the strap button into the bolt on plate of the neck, and the small schaller screw doesnt fit, and the one that came on it is too big to fit into the button.

Am I gonna have to drill a new hole for the thing or what? I'd hate to have to go that far really. Any ideas?

Put some matches in the hole and use the smaller screw.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Quote by Bonsaischaap
Put some matches in the hole and use the smaller screw.

I'll try it. Worst comes to worse I'll have to dump the the match out I guess :P.
Gear:

Jackson dk2m
MIM strat
peavey jsx 2x12 combo
Recording King RDC-26
Digitch RP1000
Crybaby 535Q
I cant, no camera.

I Tried what the above poster said with matches, and I only had cardboard ones, and It screwed in, but I dunno how long its gonna hold out that way...

anyway, what I was saying is they combined the hole for the strap button screw and bolt on neck, and obviously the screw that holds the neck in is a hell of a lot bigger, so the screw that came with the guitar is too big for the strap button, and the one that came with the button is too small for the guitar.
Gear:

Jackson dk2m
MIM strat
peavey jsx 2x12 combo
Recording King RDC-26
Digitch RP1000
Crybaby 535Q
make another hole a bit lower of the plate with a drill, or in the part in front of it, where there is a ckunk of wood between the neck and the plate
Attachments:
Imagen1bolt on.jpg
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI
Last edited by ldnovelo at Oct 21, 2007,
Quote by ldnovelo
make another hole a bit lower of the plate with a drill, or in the part in front of it, where there is a ckunk of wood between the neck and the plate

if the matches dont hold, I'll do that.

but actually the matches seem to be holding well.

although I was worried one would get set off at first when I screwed it in, and the guitar would catch fire :P lol.
Gear:

Jackson dk2m
MIM strat
peavey jsx 2x12 combo
Recording King RDC-26
Digitch RP1000
Crybaby 535Q