I'm curious,

I've been playing nearly two years now and i'm still having issues with my little finger. It slightly bends inwards towards the other fingers and when doing some bare chords, I can't move the little finger independently any higher than 1 fret than the other fingers unless I force it with my other hand, which is annoying..
But with all figners on one string it can stretch up more than 2 frets below the 12th, just has issues when the other fingers are at odd angles in some chords, like the hand is at an angle towards the headstock, so the little finger follows in that direction and won't go the other way.. (If you understand me?)

Can you fix these kind of issues? or would I have to break my little finger until its in the correct straight position? :p

Anyone have similar issues or had them and fixed them?
Apparently your body adapts so these issues slowly fade away with correct practice, is this true?

Thanks for your help:p
My gear
ESP Horizon II FR (Seymour's with coil tap)
ESP LTD Ex400
Wesley Explorer/Dominator

Ashdown Fallen Angel 40w DSP

BOSS DS-2 Turbo distortion
BOSS AC-3 Acoustic Simulator
BOSS GE-7 Equalizer
Ibanez Tube Screamer TS9
i think its probobly about use. alot of people dont use their pinkys on a regular basis, so even if youve been playing two years, your pinky might not be caught up to the dexterity of the rest of your hand.
I have similar problems. Being double jointed in my pinky makes it even harder.
keep practicing the chords you can do but are hard. it'lll be good.
My problem is that i can use my pinky but my ring finger lags behind when i use them both at the same time.
Quote by boreamor
Thousands upon thousands of people yelling "IcyHot"...

Quote by imdeth
She looks like she has triforces in her eyes...

Quote by Nakon14
*sigh* yet again, only on UG would somebody rush to their computer to tell the pit when their lives or property are in dire trouble.
My little finger is fully ****ed up. It bends inwards, but sort of bend like... first bit bends 90 degrees, then the second bit bends 90 degrees so my little finger is pointing down the hand, and it sometimes locks.. -_-
---------------
VOX AD30VT
BOSS GT8

Want to build a Jackson, to be fairly freaking honest.

Quote by Kanthras
Put some crap in the hole, like something sticky. And liquid-ish.
deviantART: Click Here
Quote by highway1
i think its probobly about use. alot of people dont use their pinkys on a regular basis, so even if youve been playing two years, your pinky might not be caught up to the dexterity of the rest of your hand.

Well I always use it, it can do stuff its just in an odd position so it can't stretch.
My gear
ESP LTD Ex400

BOSS GE-7 Equalizer
Ibanez Tube Screamer TS9
There's no such thing as "finger issues"*, everybody's hands are slightly different.

*unless you're Tony Iommi or Django Reinhardt. If you ARE Tony Iommi then for f***'s sake get over it, it's been years since that accident. If you're Django then, well, you're dead. Sorry, can't help you with that one really.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
I've got the same problems..
A hero of war, Yeah that's what I'll be

(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)

No, you haven't...you're just inexperienced and getting frustrated because you're not as good as you want to be, and are therefore fixating on the tiniest things in an attempt to explain it away.

Tony Iommi carried on playing after losing the tips of two fingers by making himself plastic tips....can you imagine playing and not being able to feel the string? Django played with only two fully-functioning fingers on his left hand, Jeff Healey is blind ffs and Rick Allen from Def Leppard plays the drums with one f***ing arm.

There is NOTHING wrong with your hand, and even if there is it's not going to affect your playing ability one bit.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

Quote by steven seagull

No, you haven't...you're just inexperienced and getting frustrated because you're not as good as you want to be, and are therefore fixating on the tiniest things in an attempt to explain it away.

Tony Iommi carried on playing after losing the tips of two fingers by making himself plastic tips....can you imagine playing and not being able to feel the string? Django played with only two fully-functioning fingers on his left hand, Jeff Healey is blind ffs and Rick Allen from Def Leppard plays the drums with one f***ing arm.

There is NOTHING wrong with your hand, and even if there is it's not going to affect your playing ability one bit.

Well, its no excuse, i'm just wondering if their are ways of training it to work better, other than sitting trying to bend your finger into the correct shape :p, I can't do a lot of exercises because my finger won't stretch, so I just want to make sure my hand is working as good as it can :p.

Yeah it bothers me and I can't get over it sometimes, depends on my mood.. just curious about it really
My gear
ESP LTD Ex400

BOSS GE-7 Equalizer
Ibanez Tube Screamer TS9
Just play, if you're finger honestly won't stretch that far then you just need to adapt, maybe use the third finger more or re-arrange fingerings. Chances are though it's just lack of practice with it, you can't sit there forcing your finger to bend, you just have to use it and over time it'll get better at doing what you want.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc