well heres the deal im getting a jackson warrior wrmg for xmas (+ saved up money) i have a roland cube 60 and i want a distortion or overdrive pedal for when the guitar comes as it has active emg in the neck pup

price range around the ehx metal muff and american muff i was thinking of saving up for a ts 9 tubescreamer instead?

any ideas?

cheers
Jackson KE 3 Trans Black
Schecter C7 ATX
Siggery Custom

Axe Fx Owner
Get the tube screamer. I have one and it is great. Distortion pedals tend to destroy your tone but an overdrive keps your tone while giving you the extra bit of distortion. You can play anything with a tube screamer. It is probably best for blues and metal. SRV and Kirk Hammett both use them.
Try/or take a look at the BBE Green Screamer. It is based on the tube screamer but has great reviews. BBE makes some nice products.
My Gear:

Fender Strat w/Duncans
Hand Built(by me) guitar w/Duncans
Ibanez RG321MH
Bugera V22
Peavey Vyper 30 Watt
Xotic BB Preamp
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Digitech Hardwire Chromatic Tuner
Fender T-Bucket Acoustic
Digitech Bad Monkey
boss is pretty decent.the overdrive distortion (os-2) does overdrive and distortion and both sound good.lots of adjustment options.pretty good pedal,nice sound.you can mix overdrive and distortion too.about 70 dollars.
Quote by ChazBcWarlock
well heres the deal im getting a jackson warrior wrmg for xmas (+ saved up money) i have a roland cube 60 and i want a distortion or overdrive pedal for when the guitar comes as it has active emg in the neck pup

price range around the ehx metal muff and american muff i was thinking of saving up for a ts 9 tubescreamer instead?

any ideas?

cheers

Why do you think you need an overdrive pedal "because it has active pickups".

You don't need any pedals, the Cube's models should be more than adequate, if you buy any pedal it should be an EQ. There's certainly no point dropping a wedge on a Tubescreamer when you have a solid state amp, it's just a waste of money. And I can't see the Muff being much more exciting than the Cube's rectifier channel. Also, prepare yourself for the possibility that the new guitar will sound worse through the Cube because of the active pickups.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Yeah, I really don't see either working very well with your amp since it's a modeling amp. The tubescreamer would be your best bet to run it over an existing distortion on the amp, but I don't think it'd really sound much better than the distortion that the amp already has... OD pedals are more meant for tube amps and don't get as good of results through a SS amp.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
You have a cube, and soon a guitar with high output pickups. And now you want an overdrive on top of that. How much gain do you need?