Im thinking of getting a PHD in music and i was wondering how many people think that sis actually a good idea to do i am currently studying classical guitar and im soon starting piano. but some people have told that its not a good idea while other say go for it whats your guys take on this
Quote by notsojoeyb4eva
Prove to her you won't shoot any real prostitutes. Bring one back, and show your mum how curteous and polite you can be with them.
you're 15, you don't have to decide now. You will probably change your musical tastes by then. I wanted to study French and German at university/college at 15 but now at 17 I'm applying for Chemistry. When I was 15 I listened to only metallica. Now I prefer Cascada and Girls Aloud. You will change

If you're determined to do a PhD in classical, be careful because classical is pretty well known already.
What were you thinking about for your dissertation? I'm genuinely interested.
Well, i've thought about pursuing that kind of career path but in all honesty I just don't think there is that much to take from it.
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
Well, Maybe doing something in music would be cool, but a PhD would probabaly be taking it too far,
I know a couple of people doing PhD's, and they have been for a couple of years now, and even though they are doing it on a subject that interests me, its is stupendously boring and takes a long time and blah blah blah.

Plus, you are only 15, to do a PhD you gotta get through degrees and masters and stuff like that first. Oh, and you have to finish school first.

The only advice I can give you is that finish school doing subjects you like, and do them as well as you can (but if you hate physics for example, then dont do physics, your probably going to go **** at it and that wont help you at all, and you will have a **** time). Then if you wanna do music at uni or something like that, then do it, but A PhD is a lot of long hard, and imo, boring work. Usually you would probably think of a PhD when your already doing a masters or a degree in whatever it is your doing, not at school.

And, even though people may say that you need to decide what you want to do right now, you've got a lot of time left.
youll probably really decide if you want to major in music in a couple years, im getting my B.A. in music in a few months, it sure as hell isnt boring because your doing what u like
<\\\SuBLiME\\\> ~ ~ ~~

This is Bunny. Put him in your signature and help him on his way to world domination ...
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")