This weekend, I took my first ride on a large roller coaster. I'm in love with them.

It was soo great!

I rode all the coasters at Carowinds in Charlotte, but my favorite was probably the Top Gun:

It was one of the funnest things I've ever done in my enitre life! The site said it was the fastest one there, about 62mph. I think I'm a roller coaster addict! Anyone else love roller coasters? Are there any other place near/around VA with good coasters?
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
i have an annual pass to islands of adventure....so im always on the hulk and dueling dragons!!!!

also when i lived in massachusetts, the six flags over there had the superman....that was the ****
Quote by DieGarbageMan
i can become erect whilst displeasing women

What a talented person.
Cedar Point.

'Nuff said.
"If you're going to try, go all the way. Otherwise don't even start..."
Charles Bukowski
i hate rollercoasters, i hate the feeling of falling where your stomach goes up
There's a place near Cincinnati, Ohio called Kings island and it has some of the best roller coasters out there. It USED to have the only wooden roller coaster in the world that had a loop but something went wrong one day and people got hurt but that's a long story.
"We barely remember who or what came before this precious moment"

Tool, anyone?
Alter Bridge, maybe?
A bit of John Mayer?
Some beethoven sounds delightful, as well.
Quote by BreakingBnj
Cedar Point.

'Nuff said.

+1. cedar point is amazing. millenium force ftw.

i had a season pass to six flags over georgia for 4 or 5 years, so i've been on every ride there 30+ times. used to be loads of fun. now...it's kinda lost it's novelty i guess.
Here in the UK I've been to Alton Towers and Thorpe Park:
Collossus
Nemesis/Nemesis inferno
Air
etc

Awesome.
Effects chain:

Dunlop crybaby original

Hence the name.
I have a good roller coaster story:
We were at Six Flags America in MD and me n my friend were riding the Joker's Jinx like it wasnt gonna be there tomorrow. We rode it 5 times in a row, then one of my other friends who was in the park with us told us, hey lets get on superman. so we start walking to the Superman, then the Joker's Jinx shoots off again. Well, the train that was gonna be us GOT STUCK. I was laughing so hard, then sum chick that worked there was like thats not funny then i was like, its hilarious!!
Guitars:
Ibanez RG4EX1
Epiphone SG w/EMG's

Amps:
Peavey Windsor Head w/ JSX Cab
MicroCube (for the sake of practice at college)

Pedals :
Fulltone Full Drive 2 Mosfet
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop Crybaby
Pfh, that's not a roller-coaster...

THIS is a rollercoaster:

Kingda Ka, the tallest, fastest, rollercoaster on the planet. Full article about it can be found here. 456 feet high, and the ride train doesn't always reach the top...
Quote by Felkara
Dude, you just made the most intelligent post in this entire thread. Congrats.
Never been one for big roller coasters. However, I'm going to Alton Towers tomorrow, and will be going on all the big rides.

Should be... Interesting.
I need to go to Bush Gardens. The place here called Hershey Park has some sweet ones though...
Quote by CJRocker
I need to go to Bush Gardens. The place here called Hershey Park has some sweet ones though...

Hershey has some good ones... pretty expensive to get into tho isn't it? I haven't gone in a long time.
Quote by pinkhaze29
Hershey has some good ones... pretty expensive to get into tho isn't it? I haven't gone in a long time.

Yeah, like $65 now at the gate. We always buy discount tickets for $15-$20 through church or my dads company.
Roller Coaster Tycoon. Inverted Roller Coaster I love that game, I've soon finished it all up
Yeah, I love rollercoasters. The best park in VA for rollercoasters that I have been to would be Kings Dominion. Volcano, Anaconda, and the Hypersonic XLC are all fun as ****!
Quote by The Overlord
Pfh, that's not a roller-coaster...

THIS is a rollercoaster:

Kingda Ka, the tallest, fastest, rollercoaster on the planet. Full article about it can be found here. 456 feet high, and the ride train doesn't always reach the top...

I've seen videos of it. I almost puke just by looking...

I'd rather die than ride that.
This will probably be the greatest roller coaster ever:

It's the, now finally finished, although not in this pic, LED ZEPPELIN: THE RIDE, which is gonna be a part of the Hard Rock Park in Myrtle Beach. opening next year. Supposedly,the ride itself will be in sync with "Whole Lotta Love" during the ride. I'm totally looking forward to it.