Hi, my bandmate(cousin also) is lookin for an amp.. He and i share very similar musical tastes..

Classic rock, Heavy metal and some (early) metallica. And of course, decent clean tones for those blues/chord-y days... I dun expect fender cleans but usable at least..

Was thinking JCM800 2204 but its 50W and i think too loud for my house. I dont plan to take it out anywhere so please dun ask me to get a 150W thing.. Something not too loud for a 5-room apartment.

Thanks! U da best.
Gear
MIJ Fender '57 Stratocaster
Vox AD15VT
PodXT Live
what's wrong with 50W.. you can still play it at quiet volume... the sound is better anyway
Quote by Moggan13
Serjem is like a Bishops testicals: Swollen
ಠ_ಠ
IIIIfb * KARKOLI * ytIIII(mostly rock... a little funky, a little hard just the way you want it )
My room is about... 30-40 square meters at most.. (that is a generous guess). So its a rather confined space.. Roughly 1/3 a basketball court. I had lots of pros telling me to consider before buying as a tube amp cud get very loud.. 50W may be ok but i dont think 100W is suitable...
Gear
Vox AD15VT
PodXT Live
Get a Crate Palomino V8 and an OD, maybe like a tubescreamer. That is actually perfect. Its not too loud, and without the OD, just tube drive, itll get some good Classic rock. With an OD, it should do the heavier sounds youll want. Maybe get an EQ as well, as it only has a Tone knob and not a 3-band EQ like it should.

Also, look into the Peavy Royal 8.

A JCM800 is all-tube. 50w all-tube cranked = about 150w SS cranked or louder. Ive heard stories that a JCM800 at 3 or 4 is comparable to some other tube amps like it at 5 or so. 50w in that space is gonna be waaay too loud. At least get a 5w tubefor tone reasons.
Last edited by qotsa1998 at Oct 21, 2007,
Is a peavey classic 30 good?
Gear
Vox AD15VT
PodXT Live
the classic 30 is a nice sounding amp, but won't get you anywhere near heavy metal tones. with an od it should get to hard rock at best (maybe some 80s metal but i didn't try when i tested one out). what's your budget?
Quote by zizou510
Is a peavey classic 30 good?

Yes, it's a very nice amp. Not really a metal amp, and still loud for the apartment, but nice.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Hmm.. any other suggestions then?

I'm open to other brands... as long as they do the job.

How much would an attentuator cost?
Gear
Vox AD15VT
PodXT Live
depends on your budget i guess, i'm looking for other alternative amps for bedroom playing too.

so far i have these in mind
peavey royal 8
peavey windsor studio
peavey jsx mini colossal
epiphone valve jr
fender champion
mesa 5:25

hope that helps, theyre all smallish amps
Quote by zizou510

How much would an attentuator cost?

THD Hot Plate: 299-339 on musiciansfriend

Weber Attenuators:
http://www.tedweber.com/atten.htm
scroll down, and click on the attenuators for prices
Half Man, Half Bearpig! I am Super Sereal!

Quote by jravolta
Every time the Jonas Brothers play, an innocent in Darfur is killed.

lol diversity in UGers:

Quote by i have to pee
I am not 12, but my sack is still hairless.

Quote by magnum1117
my balls are hairy as chewbacca's...
Hey guys, shd i get a Krank Ministack Its 20W and looks like a Marshall MG15 ministack (just to help visualisation). Therefore its small and compact and has 5 tubes and a 12 inch speaker.. I guess it will pack quite a punch.. But im nt sure if it covers the genres i play..
Gear
Vox AD15VT
PodXT Live
Not a bad choice actually, It has a nice tight over drive, with clarity. Much better than alot of other amps.

The lead tone is more a sweep tone, sorta liquidy you know. Well rounded!

It should cover them easily!
If you're going to spend that kind of money, I'd go for an Orange Tiny Terror and a decent 1x12.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Whats the best online shop to get an Orange from? I wanna see the pricing and all that..
Gear
Vox AD15VT
PodXT Live