my hair is sorta long, and it's always messy and stupid looking. like not even cool messy, just stupid. i've been thinking about straightening it, but idk if that seems too gay or not. i only wash it a couple times a week, so i wouldn't be straightening every day or anything, just two or three times a week. also, if i do decide to straighten it, am i going to get split ends or anything? my sister uses this stuff in her hair that makes her not get split ends since she straightens hers everyday, but if i do it today without that stuff (just washed it) will i get split ends?
Yeah go for it, straightening your hair is what all the cool cats do
Quote by Monolith295
Tobysaurus is one sexy man.

Quote by Kensai
I think I love you Tobysaurus!

Quote by CFH82
God damn, you've given me a boner Toby!
What's with all these hair straightening threads?
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
Straighten it lol Just don't straigthen it too much or else your hair just gets worse =/
why dont you cut it a bit shorter, so its not so messy and you dont have to straighten it. Otherwise...yea just striaghten it.
Yeah i second washing your hair every day. But yeah ive had my hair straightened before. Its just now starting to get curly again and i got it straightened back in june. (this is the permanent stuff, not just a straightener that works for a day.)
Gear:
Electric
Yamaha RGX520
Fender Strat HSS

Acoustic
1952 Martin and Co 00-18.
Yamaha FGX730SCA

Amp
Fender Twin Reverb
Fender Amp FM25 DSP

Pedals
Boss DS-1
Quote by frottage
my hair is sorta long, and it's always messy and stupid looking. like not even cool messy, just stupid. i've been thinking about straightening it, but idk if that seems too gay or not. i only wash it a couple times a week, so i wouldn't be straightening every day or anything, just two or three times a week. also, if i do decide to straighten it, am i going to get split ends or anything? my sister uses this stuff in her hair that makes her not get split ends since she straightens hers everyday, but if i do it today without that stuff (just washed it) will i get split ends?

1. It's not gay to straighten your hair, it's gay to worry abotu split ends.
2. If it's always messy and stupid-looking, get a haircut?
3. Wash your hair more.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
i did this b4,i went to the barber and he used some kind of chemical (very awful odor) on my hair for about 30 minutes ,and then he washed it and bang ! supersoft all the time.
Wolv
screw you guys, washing it every day is for women :P lawl@zakk
i can't wash it everyday because it takes three hours to dry
There's this crazy tool. It's called a "comb." It helps make your hair un-messy.

Also, I'm pretty sure most doctors would suggest washing your hair daily. (I wash mine twice a day.) It gets the bad oils out...helps stop dandruff...more likely to not get lice.

Now, now, imagine this. It's quite a concept, so it might take a while to grasp:
How about washing your hair everyday and then combing it? I know, crazy right?!
Just try it. It might actually work!
And then, get this, use a blow dryer to dry it within minutes!
I mean, I know all these things sound crazy to you, but you never know...
Last edited by PatDaniels at Oct 21, 2007,
Quote by PatDaniels
There's this crazy tool. It's called a "comb." It helps make your hair un-messy.

Also, I'm pretty sure most doctors would suggest washing your hair daily. (I wash mine twice a day.) It gets the bad oils out...helps stop dandruff...more likely to not get lice.

Now, now, imagine this. It's quite a concept, so it might take a while to grasp:

washing it every 2 days is more than enough, and also using a hairdryer all the time will just make your hair strawy
Quote by VivaLaJam
washing it every 2 days is more than enough, and also using a hairdryer all the time will just make your hair strawy

Mhmm.
-likes to be clean..-
I just dry it once.
Quote by frottage
screw you guys, washing it every day is for women :P lawl@zakk
i can't wash it everyday because it takes three hours to dry

invest in a blow dryer
Quote by PatDaniels

No, just no. Washing it once a day isn't great becuase you wash all the natural oils away, so twice a day is just stupid. I wash and straighten mine everyother day and my hair is proper healthy. Blow drying does a load of damage to your hair so thats a bad idea if you plan on doing it a lot.

TS just straighten and see how it goes, I have really thick wavey hair and it looked gay short so I grew it and now straigten it, goes down to my chin, I like it. So go for it.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Last edited by jambi_mantra at Oct 21, 2007,
yeah i heard you shouldnt wash your hair everyday.
it can fade the color and you lose it faster i guess lol
i mean i shower everyday but i just wont wash it all the time
every other day like jambi said.

ehh splitends are lame i get them supper easy
my sister strightends her hair ervy day and doesnt get alot ..for some reason..
Holy crap to the dude that washs his hair twice a day! DONT DO IT! lol you hair must be like a haybail in the wind?..it does wash all the natural oils out btw. Wash it once every other day unless you get really greasy hair- then just wash it everyday, thats still not good tho cos it still washes all your natural oils out!
Frottage ,I just looked at your picture and a) that does not take 3 hours to dry, unless you use not hairdryer or towel, and b) get a haircut so that your hair actually has a style.
There is poetry in despair.
I have cool messy hair, girls love it. And for some reason, all my friend's moms love it too

fridge raider is right, it shouldn't take a lot of time to dry. But I understand laziness. He's also right, you should get a haircut, a good expensive one, it'll be worth it. Girls love interesting hair.

By the way, I might straighten my hair for Halloween and dress up like a Beatle (Paul)
i tried straightening my hair once, i naturally have very wavy+curly coarse hair and when i straightened it it was super soft but it looked pretty ghey lol
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
Lol whatever floats your boat peoples.
"Holy crap to the dude who said my hair is like a haybail in the wind."
No, actually, my hair is really soft and nott stringy or like a haybail in the wind. ^_^
Me just gots a haircut, and they said I have nice hair, but whatever.
Quote by PatDaniels
Lol whatever floats your boat peoples.
"Holy crap to the dude who said my hair is like a haybail in the wind."
No, actually, my hair is really soft and nott stringy or like a haybail in the wind. ^_^
Me just gots a haircut, and they said I have nice hair, but whatever.

Haha ok sorry dude, but if you carry on washing it twice a day it might go like that though was just saying FOR THE SAKE OF THE HAIR, for the sake of the HAIR. But as long as its cool its all cool :P
Quote by Guitar_picker36
Haha ok sorry dude, but if you carry on washing it twice a day it might go like that though was just saying FOR THE SAKE OF THE HAIR, for the sake of the HAIR. But as long as its cool its all cool :P

Lolz. 's all good.
I mean, but, I've only been washing it two times a day for, hmm, 15 years now? xDD
ive had my hair straightened a few times, doesnt look too bad
If it's so much hassle to wash it why don't you just get a haricut? Straightened greasy hair would not look good
just got back from GC. aight. by messy, i mean like it gets reeeeeeeally frizzy, and it's frizzy right now too, even though i just took a shower last night and i put anti-frizz stuff in it. after reading your guys' comments, the pit has caused me to decide to wash it once every two, maybe three days. that pic is from july, and it still looks gay even though i haven't cut it at all. the reason it looks gay is that i had it long a year ago, then had my mom cut it short, and it looked like 00ber f*cking gay beyond belief, you wouldn't believe that someone would get their hair cut as freaking queer as my mom did it, i was like an amish faggit. i don't want to get it cut because idk if they'll have to make it a lot shorter to fix it or not. or, if by haircut you mean actually getting it shorter, nope. i'm growing it out past mah shoulders.

http://www.myspace.com/xagainstalloddsx
stupid emo url. in my about me, there is a video of me when i had the gay amish hair. i'm going to get lawld at, but go ahead and look, so you can see why my hair looks so bad.
Last edited by frottage at Oct 21, 2007,
Quote by tobysaurus
Yeah go for it, straightening your hair is what all the cool cats do

Hahhaha

You changed your opinion eh